Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-24-2022, 04:06 PM   #1
Stengy

Default 2005 Sun Voyager Cable Hook Up

We are staying in a campground this summer that provides free cable hook ups. The connection starts with a coax running from a pedestal at each site that plugs into your coach cable jack. A cable box is provided that you plug your coach coax into and a short coax between the box and TV. There are two coax jacks in the back compartment, one by itself and another sitting next to a phone jack. I’m assuming the former is the correct jack. I’ve made all the connections but getting a message saying no signal(cable) is detected. I’ve turned on both the AVS100 Smart Source and Wineguard boxes in case the cable signal is routed through them…no luck. Anyone have experience/knowledge on the correct way to set this up. Thanks
Stengy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 05:17 PM   #2
Chuck v

Have you tried the other coax jack (adjacent to the phone jack) in the bay? One should be the park input and the other is for a satellite dish that sets out on the ground if you have one... As I recall the park cable input on my2007 ws the one closest to teh phone jack connection.

Then when you have the park cable going to the right input in the bay, the other end is in the electronics cabinet inside our coach -- usually on the Wineguard amplifier switch plate. Don't forget the little box from the RV park also needs to have its own power. It also takes a while (several minutes) for the box to handshake with the cable plant back at the cable service source.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 10:27 PM   #3
Bike Dr

On my 05 on the wall I have a button next to the cable connection and if the red light is on for ota antenna the cable will not work unless I turn off the booster. it will then automatically switch to cable the extra connection is for satellite if you have or want that option.
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote