Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-08-2020, 08:52 AM   #1
sportsdad60

Default New floor in 2000 Yellowstone XL

Picked this up 2 years ago from Dad for $9k, still had new sticker on certain parts of the interior, that's how good the condition was, always garaged. The carpet was pretty trashed after 5 months living in this full time on the Texas Gulf this past winter. Preparing it for our next Texas adventure this winter when not at our home on Flathead Lake MT.

I upgraded the flooring and repainted the interior. Still waiting on new shades (backorder)

1 day for tear out, and it, took 2 days for 170 sq feet, about 4 hours per day as I'm 60 and the body doesnt cooperate with my young mind.

It is SmartCore vinyl plank, lock in place, foam backed, from Lowes. Free floating except on the edge of the slide (liquid nails) and around the door area. Cut with a razor knife and break.

3/4 " flexible molding (Amazon)

I used Kilz paint on the wall paper followed up by 2 coats of off white interior paint.

I'll do the bedroom either this fall or next year.

Link to all the photos here
https://sportsdad60.smugmug.com/Yell...terior-project

sportsdad60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 12:26 PM   #2
Firecapt176

Almost done with our 02 sun voyager, doing same thing but using glue down wood and painted cabinets as well. Its been a month long process, but seeing the light at end.
Old 08-16-2020, 01:55 PM   #3
jamesham

Default Encouraging photos

Thanks...this is the encouragement we need to tackle getting rid of the old blue carpet in our Yellowstone. We have been debating all summer about full floating floor or glue down vinyl planks like used in many home bathroom remodel projects. Have been worried about the slideout that makes it much more difficult than a home project.

[QUOTE=I upgraded the flooring and repainted the interior. Still waiting on new shades (backorder)
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote