Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-05-2022, 03:56 PM   #1
Kramerk004

Default Replacing couch in vista cruiser 23rss

Hello wondering if anyone has replaced sofa sleeper in vista cruiser 23 RSS. I would like to pull it out and just put a recliner in but I noticed there seemed to be a raised platform under the couch. Wondering if that can come out. I have not even started to attempt to disassemble the couch, wanted feedback before I even tried. Not very handy and didn’t want to start something then have to put it all back!!

Thank you!
Kramerk004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 10:23 AM   #2
RY469

If you are talking about the sofa in the slide, there should not be anything under there except wiring, and protection for same. Sofa comes out easy (couple screws on L-brackets), pull it and see if you like the look or not. Just keep in mind all furniture in an RV is a (quality) trade off for weight. I recommend keeping the new furniture on the lean side if possible.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 12:15 PM   #3
Chuck v

Here is a location map for a 2004 Friendship G7 coach:

Chuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuse map for G7 Friendship.jpg (234.7 KB, 11 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 04:39 PM   #4
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramerk004 View Post
Hello wondering if anyone has replaced sofa sleeper in vista cruiser 23 RSS. I would like to pull it out and just put a recliner in but I noticed there seemed to be a raised platform under the couch. Wondering if that can come out. I have not even started to attempt to disassemble the couch, wanted feedback before I even tried. Not very handy and didn’t want to start something then have to put it all back!!

Thank you!
My floorplan has storage under loveseat, and even has outside access door in addition to lifting hinged seat.
Old 03-13-2022, 06:26 PM   #5
Kramerk004

Quote:
Originally Posted by RY469 View Post
If you are talking about the sofa in the slide, there should not be anything under there except wiring, and protection for same. Sofa comes out easy (couple screws on L-brackets), pull it and see if you like the look or not. Just keep in mind all furniture in an RV is a (quality) trade off for weight. I recommend keeping the new furniture on the lean side if possible.
Attached is a picture of under sofa. There is a “step” that goes all the way across. Sofa does not touch it. Top sounds hollow under it but front sounds solid. That is what I need to know if I can remove. Otherwise I couldn’t put
anything there. Looks like the step is stationary because it is shallow and slide comes in around it.
Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 295001DB-3111-40CE-BB3A-F34D80D58EEC.jpg (109.3 KB, 18 views)
Kramerk004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 06:35 PM   #6
RY469

Pull the top off it, you will most likely find it's got wiring running through it. As long as you protect the wiring, you can pull it completely out. Won't know for sure until you look inside.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 06:09 PM   #7
Ed D

Default I replaced mine in slide out on 2753

If it’s in a slide out and is a on a platform it can be done. I updated all my interior with leather seating throughout fish on 2853 rear queen bed model.if you have a platform adding a recliner can’t be done because you need to cut metal frame of new sofa to maintain normal seat height then some minimal welding. My sofa a Jack knife in slide out is raised off floor in slide out. You can pull it out and put recliner you’ll be about 12 inches off the main floor if you have same setup as I described. But I wanted it to be regular seat height. If your handy it can be done. It’s hard to know your setup without pictures. But that’s best I can share
Ed D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remodels, vista cruiser