Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-25-2022, 10:26 PM   #1
Tball89!

Exclamation Battery drain

Hello,
We purchased our 2022 Gulfstream Conquest last year. We love this coach, only bad thing is our battery. We have tried a few times at our RV dealership to figure out why it drains. We thought might have been a bad battery. So we purchased a new one. My hubby checked for any draws, nothing. Dealers asked us to see if Ford might check it out since it's not the house battery. But the chassis's battery. Well due to covid we are going on year two of those problem. As of today, I viewed on you tube an owner that said they found on this forum the issue. The emergency battery, draws the ft in in. If you disengage the break it will work. I have our brand new read battery on a charger. Will remove the emergency break and see if it drains. If this in fact is the reason. This is a my default for both Ford and Gulfstream. And will pursue a recall, this is a dangerous issue. Note you can not engage the slide without the emergency brake being engaged. The sensor in the break is the battery is dead. Not rocket science!!!! Please let me know if you have the same issues.
Tball89! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 04:21 PM   #2
Wandaer

Default Battery drain

Hello,
I purchased a 2021, Gulfstream Conquest 6220 LE, (Chevrolet Chassis) in June, 2021. I love the RV; it is just the right size for us and is easy to drive.
Unfortunately, I also had a problem with the Chassis’ battery. It worked fine for about 3-4 months, but suddenly one morning, there was no power. We called a neighbor, James, who worked for Chevrolet for years, and now taught car/truck repair for the state. He tested our battery and said “you are right – it is dead. The battery must be defective.” He called the local Chevrolet dealership and insisted that they replace the battery. Thankfully, the dealership replaced the battery with no fuss. They stated that it must have had a dead cell. No tests were run by the dealership. We have not had any issuing difficulties with the chassis’ battery again.
However, having read about your problems, maybe this is more than just a “dead cell” issue with Chevrolet (or Ford) installed chassis’ batteries. I shall continue to watch for “dead RV Conquest batteries”.
I am grateful to James for taking care of our problem; without him calling Chevrolet, I don’t think that we would have received an immediate replacement for our dead chassis’ battery - even though it was still under the Chevrolet warranty.
Wandaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 12:24 AM   #3
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

First, I have read owners says they found MIRROR HEAT SWITCH by driver was >ON< and turning OFF cured their phantom chassis battery drain? I would THINK that circuit (should) be OFF when IGN=OFF by some cube relay?? IF RED showing on switch, then mirror HEAT=ON.

On MY vintage rig, IGN=ON DISABLES SLIDES thru cube relays back by the hydraulic pump, and that matches the text in the Owner Manual. Mine has NO driver seat switch, and appears to have NO Parking Brake Switch (but believe that usually used on models w/ JACKS/ STABILIZERS to prevent drive-away damage?
Old 04-04-2022, 12:59 AM   #4
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

re<<even though it was still under the Chevrolet warranty.>> wording... More suspect warranty wording defers battery warranty to the Battery MFR, but (sometimes) vehicle MFR throws in the Labor for "advertising" and "prevention of Bad public relations on social media"
Old 04-08-2022, 06:46 AM   #5
Henry111

I have an off-grid aquaponics system in my greenhouse with a PWM charge controller (which I'm upgrading to mppt) and 4 x 100-watt solar panels. I bought A battery that worked fine, but when winter came I found that the pump and air system would work. it uses quite the panels would store, so I doubled the solar energy from 200 to 400 watts and added another of these batteries. Now, with many cloudy days and low temperatures, I've got to change off a touch. Weize is the cheapest 100ah battery I've got.
Henry111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, conquest dead rv battery, dead battery, drawing battery