Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class C
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-23-2022, 11:59 AM   #1
The Griz

Default A/C Runs while Furnace Runs!!!

Hello GS Braintrust,

Just went out to run/exercise my 6237LE Class C. Started up the engine and generator without issue! Been below zero at night here in NE PA.

Anyway while out there I turned on the furnace to get some heat in the coach. The furnace threw good heat, so no issue there either. HOWEVER, the ceiling A/C unit simultaneously ran and wouldn't shut off, consequently throwing freezing cold air out of the ceiling A/C unit and the ceiling ducts.

The only way I was able to stop the ceiling A/C unit was to throw the breaker in the service panel on front of bed.

I have had other RVs, all travel trailers, and never had this happen. Is this Normal Operating Procedure? If not, any idea what the heck is going on?????

Any insight greatly appreciated.
Mike
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:14 PM   #2
The Griz

I solved my own issue. The fan on the thermostat was set to High. It needed to be set to "Auto". A/C fan no longer runs while furnace is on. Phew...that was an easy one fortunately.
Old 01-30-2022, 11:49 AM   #3
Rustydog

You have a thermostat wiring error or a bad thermostat, that is not normal... Fix it when the weather is not below freezing..
Old 01-30-2022, 05:56 PM   #4
Bmoe

I had Sam experience with mine. I found solution on YouTube. The setting is in on the thermostat
I can’t remember just how to set it but you’ll find it on YouTube . It’s pretty simple. Sorry I’m not more help.
Bmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 06:44 AM   #5
The Griz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoe View Post
I had Sam experience with mine. I found solution on YouTube. The setting is in on the thermostat
I can’t remember just how to set it but you’ll find it on YouTube . It’s pretty simple. Sorry I’m not more help.
Easy fix...thermostat was set to "high" fan. Should of been set to "auto". All is well in RVLand!
Old 03-01-2022, 06:45 AM   #6
The Griz

Easy fix...thermostat was set to "high" fan. Should of been set to "auto". All is well in RVLand!
Old 03-01-2022, 06:56 AM   #7
The Griz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoe View Post
Easy fix...thermostat was set to "high" fan. Should of been set to "auto". All is well in RVLand! Thanks for your reply.