Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-03-2005, 01:55 PM   #1
HiTech

Default This Site

Who runs it? Is it affiliated with Gulfstream or and owners' groups?

Jim
HiTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:10 AM   #2
gsadmin

This site is not affiliated with Gulf Stream or the Gulf Stream Club.

This site was created by a Gulf Stream owner that did not see enough traffic specific to Gulf Stream RVs on the RV.net site and realized it was mainly due to the amount of overall traffic RV.net received. It would tend to swamp the Gulf Stream questions and info and dilute the traffic to those posts.

It was thought that the Gulf Stream forum on the gulfstreamcoach.com site would be the answer and the perfect place for people to come together and share info about their coaches and their experiences with them. In addition, it seemed like the perfect place since the Gulf Stream company service personnel could also chime in and help with questions.

It was not to be so. Many had already complained for over a year that their questions on the forum were not being answered by Gulf Stream Service...many times, they were being ignored. Other times, the response was "Do not post service related questions here" and "This forum is only to talk about the club and rallys".

In the last month, a few of the more active Gulf Stream owners started pressing Gulf Stream for answers to some basic questions. Since unless its answers were anything but positive, Gulf Stream would not reply, it was starting to create a ground swell around getting a response to these questions.

Gulf Stream then decided to pull down the forum, remove everyones permissions, and then delete all the posts they did not like.

Well, now, we Gulf Stream owners have an open forum. Discuss whatever you like, we will not delete the posts unless they are inappropriate due to the normal rules of forums such as this (deflamatory remarks, flame wars, vulgarity and the like)

Maybe we can create enough activity here so that Gulf Stream will HAVE to come over and participate. Lets see if we can...

I hope you all take advantage of this great communication opportunity.
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:38 PM   #3
treecounter

Send a message via AIM to treecounter

I really like this site. One suggestion I would make is a link to IE spell check for posting. I have a real problem with spelling myself and this tool makes me look good.