Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-22-2021, 10:55 AM   #1
riverofcode

Default Tourmaster headlights

Thought I'd share some information. I failed a recent vehicle inspection due to one of my projection headlight adjusters was broken. My lights are Hella and mounted on an angle bracket behind the fiberglass. There are tiny little "pockets" that the ball end of the adjuster clips into that break. I have attached some images to help see it. I found a replacement set that works on Amazon... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VU54XM...roduct_details. "HELLA 152977001 Adjusting Screw For 90mm Series Lamp"

The first picture is a closeup of a good one. Pic 2 is the broken one. Pic 3 is the entire left side set mounted on the bracket. These can be pressed gently on the ball end in a vise or likely using some large slip-joint pliers. I used a vise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg headlights_close2.jpg (242.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg headlights_close1.jpg (258.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg headlights_mounted.jpg (288.6 KB, 12 views)

2008 Tour Master T40c
2014 Honda CRV toad
riverofcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 06:52 PM   #2
SGTJAC

Thanks for the great pictures! I didn't know they look at the adjusters on headlights for a vehicle inspection. I bought the light assembly for $60.00 off of Ebay. It's good I had it on the coach for a spare as I needed the German bulb out of it till I could order a couple of bulbs with I did earlier today. Had my inspection done at big O's and not sure the young guys were looking to hard. Well it passed anyway without the two other tires on the back. lol
SGTJAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 09:06 AM   #3
riverofcode

The adjusters were looked at in my case since they were trying to aim them and discovered the broken one that didn't allow for aiming. The aiming is what failed the inspection here in VA.

2008 Tour Master T40c
2014 Honda CRV toad
riverofcode is offline   Reply With Quote