Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-12-2006, 08:01 AM   #1
AmericanGypsea

Default RV Show & Gulf Stream

So DH & I went to an RV show in Towson, MD last weekend. I went specifically to look at the GS Vista Cruiser Mini. They didn't have any and per the sales rep, the Sprinter chassis for them are very difficult to come by out of Germany. However, the Winnebago folks didn't know about a difficulty in getting the chassis for their Views. They seem to be doing alright in getting the chassis from Germany.

And a side note...didn't like the sales rep whatsoever. I tried to talk to him about the Vista Cruiser Mini and in the conversation I mentioned this forum and that I've read that the folks who bought that RV loved it. He sniffed and said that he checked this forum out and didn't think too much of it, thought there wasn't much here. Again...I did not like this sales rep from the get-go and thought that if his living came from interacting with people and getting them to buy his high-end ticket item, he had chosen the wrong profession. Except...he seemed to be in size 3X shirt so he's eating regularly and not going hungry from lack of a paycheck.

I'm really put off by this guy. I really like the Vista Cruiser Mini but and can really stand to hear from someone that this guy is the exception and not the rule with GS. As you might have guessed...we didn't buy.

Marcia
Old 09-12-2006, 10:06 AM   #2
TSoul

Send a message via Yahoo to TSoul

You should come up to Hershey this week and check out the show up here. There will be atleast two GS dealers that I know of. Hope you have a chance to make it. Martinsburg RV is a great dealer in my experience and they will be at the show. They have a good web site too. Happy Camping.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:11 AM   #3
AmericanGypsea

Yeah, we have the Hershey show on our radar and are planning on being there this weekend. Really interested in seeing the GS VCM in person.
See you there!
Old 09-12-2006, 12:33 PM   #4
GStream40
Site Team

The Hershey RV show is great. The Gulf Streamers had a rally right there in the parking lot last year and we loved it. We stayed there for 5 days.

Martinsburg RV is a great dealership, we purchased our first GS coach from them. We should have purchased our present one from them also.

Anyway, they have a great service dept and the people are really friendly.

I was thinking that maybe the rude salesman was a 3x because of not enough exercise other than his mouth.

Here is the link to Martinsburg RV: http://martinsburgrv.com/new_list.php

I see they have 3 Vista Cruisers in stock, maybe if you call them you can find out what they are going to have at Hershey. Hershey is not that far from Martinsburg, if they are not bringing them to the show, you could go to the dealership to look at them and get a good deal.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:08 PM   #5
AmericanGypsea

Perfect!! I've found Martinsburg with a Google before but always nice to hear a personal recommendation. We'll definately check 'em out. I think the rep we talked to was "Leo's Vacation Center" from Gambrils, MD. Before I threw that name out, I looked at Maryland RV Dealer's Asso. on that show and that's the only name that carries GS. It sounds familiar, too.

Anyway, nice to know who your friends are!
Old 09-21-2006, 09:52 AM   #6
Jill

We're not in your area, but wanted to throw my two cents in--we just ordered our RV after going to a show in Portland. We spoke with the Gulfstream factory rep there--he was very knowledgeable, personable, and was for the most part responsible for our comfort in ordering the front diesel engine.

So they're not all that way--looks like you just got a dealer with a bad attitude!

Good luck at your next show and hope you find what you want!

www.northwestjewelry.com
[email protected]
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote