Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-03-2018, 03:45 AM   #1
Frankenfinger

Unhappy Replacement Wheel Well Cowling / Fender Skirt?

I need to replace the left side wheel well cowling / fender skirt on our 2014 Vista 19ERD. Query to Gulfstream directed me to dealer whom I'm waiting on. Checked out 'Look-Up-Our- Skirts.com' to find nothing in black with the correct dimension. 'IconDirect' will make me a custom if I send them a sample. Not willing to remove the remaining sound right side wheel well cowling / fender skirt. Note other members frustration with prying info our of Gulfstream. Anyone with experience in sourcing and replacing cowling /fender skirt?
Frankenfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:12 PM   #2
dbrownmg

Default 19 erd

I have a 2011 Gulfstream 19 ERD Vista Cruiser. I had a tire blow out on my trailer and it destroyed the fender skirt. I had a big problem getting a replacement. I live in Windsor Ontario and I tried all the RV places in Windsor and also Detroit. Nobody could access Gulfstream website to get a part number. Finally I kept going through Gulfstream's contacts and I finally got to someone who would give me a part number. Everyone else said you had to go through a dealer but like I say, the dealers couldn't do it. Even the big ones in Detroit. I actually talked to someone who gave me the number but explained that the skirt profile changed from the original Gulfstream Viss like mine to the current higher Vista Cruisers. She said that it should fit but would look different. I went back to A Windsor dealer called Leisure Trailer sales in Lakeshore Ontario and they were able to order it. I got it at a reasonable price including duties, taxes, shipping etc to Leisure Trailers. I took the old one off and installed the new one in just over an hour. The screw holes were in the correct location and since you can't see both wheel wells at the same time it's just fine. If you call Leisure Trailer they may be able to look up my order. It was about 2 years ago or less. Name Dale Brown and it was the door side fender skirt.
dbrownmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:27 AM   #3
Frankenfinger

Thumbs up "SNAP" as the 'Limeys' Say.......

"I have a 2011 Gulfstream 19 ERD Vista Cruiser. I had a tire blow out on my trailer and it destroyed the fender skirt."
The exact thing happened to us in July the first day of our transcontinental road trip to Vancouver Is.
After trying to communicate for a month with the RV dealer in Gananoque, ON, where we acquired the TT, I managed to get them to track one down and have ordered it.
"I actually talked to someone who gave me the number but explained that the skirt profile changed from the original Gulfstream Viss like mine to the current higher Vista Cruisers. She said that it should fit but would look different."
Like you indicate, I quote from my dealer's correspondence to me: "A note from Gulfstream * This one is a little different due to the vendor repairing and making a few changes in the mold. We have been told that they will work but you may have to cut out the opening in the radius metal a little."
I very much appreciate knowing: "The screw holes were in the correct location and since you can't see both wheel wells at the same time it's just fine." I hope my 'trimming' of the wheel well opening is straight forward.
I will endeavour to ascertain who the actual 'manufacturer' of the part is and if they are willing to deal with end users.
Thx for the sharing.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:22 AM   #4
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713
Default re: fender skirt in black?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenfinger View Post
I need to replace the left side wheel well cowling / fender skirt on our 2014 Vista 19ERD. Query to Gulfstream directed me to dealer whom I'm waiting on. Checked out 'Look-Up-Our- Skirts.com' to find nothing in black with the correct dimension. 'IconDirect' will make me a custom if I send them a sample. Not willing to remove the remaining sound right side wheel well cowling / fender skirt. Note other members frustration with prying info our of Gulfstream. Anyone with experience in sourcing and replacing cowling /fender skirt?
Just match the pattern/ dimensions, ignore color, and buy some flat or glossy KRYLON spray paint and paint it before you install? Dry enough to install in 12-20-minutes
Old 09-16-2018, 10:43 AM   #5
Unclemepi

I can appreciate your problem. I've been waiting since May for my dealer to receive the correct skirt from Gulfstream for my 2017 19CSK. Got one from them in July, but it was for another model.
Unclemepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:58 PM   #6
Frankenfinger

Got the cowling today from the Gan. ON. RV dealer. Looks like the right part. There's nothing though with or on the plastic cowling piece to indicate who the actual manufacturer is............
Old 03-22-2019, 12:09 PM   #7
Smithcd46

Don’t know if you have solved the fender skirt issue yet. But I have a 2016 Vintage Cruiser 19ERD and lost a fender skirt to a tire blowout. The dealer was able to get me a new fender skirt in about 2 weeks. The only problem is the mold for the my model was broken and the replacement they sent was not the same size. Shorter than the opening. I ended up improvising with some aluminum sheeting to fill the gap. Not as nice, but looks better than a battered fender skirt. The factory did send the paint formula that a local auto paint supplier could make and put in a spray can. I have heard of others who used Icon Direct to get an exact match for size with good results even with taking off the good skirt. One thing to be aware of is the freight charge for the replacement fender skirt can be more than you would expect.
Smithcd46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:51 PM   #8
TrumanWyo

I’ve been trying for year to get a replacement for a black skirt on our ‘11 erd we lost to a flat. Any guidance would be helpful. Gulfstream and my local dealers have been no help.
TrumanWyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:56 PM   #9
Smithcd46

I actually purchased my Gulfstream from an Airstream dealer who also carried new Gulfstreams. They were able to get me the part within 2 weeks. So it can be done with the right parts manager.
Smithcd46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:36 PM   #10
Jeremy42

I ordered and received a wheel skirt for my 23BDS Visa from Icon Direct.com in Winnipeg. Very satisfactory product and service.
Jeremy42 is offline   Reply With Quote