Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-09-2020, 10:05 AM   #1
Eew111

Default 5270B BT Cruiser 2004 slide out

Our dinette slide opens at an angle and does not touch the wall at the top.
Tight on bottom and approximately 1 1/2 gap at the top. You sit leaning into the RV. It does not leak. New wiper seals.
I can find no adjustment up and down. You can adjust forward and back.
Driving me nuts!
Eew111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 10:02 AM   #2
hossross

My 2006 BT Cruiser was having stall issues on one slide, I got some silicone and sprayed them. All is good now I wouldn't think that new seals need lubricated yet but its a thought. Also if you look on the top of the slide you might be able to slide a long metal tool ( I have a metal yard stick) between the seal lip and the top of the slide box to make sure it is not excessively dragging. I'm new to this RV stuff so just my thoughts no real experience. Something is obviously binding or dragging on top and if you try to rock the box gently as is it going out does it go farther?
hossross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 12:20 PM   #3
Firecapt176

Does you RV have slide out toppers (awning over slides)? If not, it allows rain to run away from RV and not into RV, toppers help to keep water off top of slide out.
Firecapt176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 09:06 PM   #4
Eew111

Thanks, we replaced the wiper seals and there is no drag on the slide.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:08 PM   #5
Eew111

Thanks, We do have a slide awning And have run the slide out with the awning detached and no difference. Still uneven.
Old 08-26-2020, 12:08 PM   #6
ChrisW

I am referring to my 5291 but under the couch is stop bolt you can unscrew to let the slide travel further out. Then there are 2 bolts beside the stop screw you can loosen and pry the slide track upwards to tip the slide outwards at the top. I still could not completely close the gap at the top. I only had an 1/8" so i used 1 1/4" foam campers tape at the top and 1/2 way down the sides. I had to double it up. Check the slide fit when retracted to make sure there are no gaps. We were at the ocean camping and the wind was whistling through the gap.
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:18 PM   #7
Eew111

Chris

Thanks. Excellent advise. I will give it a try when I have the RV home.
Old 11-21-2020, 05:21 AM   #8
KoiKichi

Default Off topic

Can someone tell me what is the difference between the 5270 and the 5270B
KoiKichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 09:58 PM   #9
hossross

What kind of slide mechanism do you have? I have the "hat section" with the stop bolt under the couch, and it has the little rollers to set the extention angle of the slide, I'll look tomorrow if those are adjustable on mine. Mine also has 2 nylon rollers at the outside wall of the coach, which are not adjustable but the slide mechanism and the rollers determine a plane supporting the floor/bottom of that slide out. So that begs the question, did the top ever seal? has the gap gotten worse over time? I replaced the deteriated wood on the bottom of the slide out with new plywood and a 9 foot sheet of hardened aluminum. Which improved the sealing, but that is the wrong direction for your problem as it would contact at the top before the bottom.
hossross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 11:11 AM   #10
PMcD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossross View Post
What kind of slide mechanism do you have? I have the "hat section" with the stop bolt under the couch, and it has the little rollers to set the extention angle of the slide, I'll look tomorrow if those are adjustable on mine. Mine also has 2 nylon rollers at the outside wall of the coach, which are not adjustable but the slide mechanism and the rollers determine a plane supporting the floor/bottom of that slide out. So that begs the question, did the top ever seal? has the gap gotten worse over time? I replaced the deteriated wood on the bottom of the slide out with new plywood and a 9 foot sheet of hardened aluminum. Which improved the sealing, but that is the wrong direction for your problem as it would contact at the top before the bottom.
Hello Hoss - I have to replace the floor in the dinette/kitchen slide out in my 5290. If you have any links, docs, pics etc that you made or referred to while doing your work, I would be extremely grateful if you could share them. Thank you!
PMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 09:43 AM   #11
BT Chris

I had excessive tension from my top awning so you might want to check that.
BT Chris is offline   Reply With Quote