Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-05-2023, 07:56 PM   #1
Kahaone

Default 2003 Sun Voyager hydraulic pump fuse

I have a 2003 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager. Actually just bought it ( and already regretting it). Today while putting bedroom slide in, all hydraulics stopped working. Slide was all the way in, and everything just shut off. Cannot move any slide or leveling jacks. I assume it is a fuse somewhere. But that is the problem, nothing is marked anywhere as to what fuse is for what item. I contacted Gulf Stream and they said they cannot help me, as they have no schematics or diagrams of electrical or plumbing.
So, does anyone have a diagram of fuse locations for anything on this RV?
It is a 2003 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager. Please be specific in replies to this model RV. I know each model is totally different, so a reply concerning a 2012 Yellowstone is of no use. Please reply about a 2003 Sun Voyager. Thank you.

BTW, I just bought this a few weeks ago, and am finding more things broken than what are working! Wish I had inspected a lot closer before buying.
Kahaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 09:33 AM   #2
RY469

Not sure you really need to concentrate on the RV model as much as the make/model of your hydraulic system. Have you checked out LCI1.com? Scroll down to product support, and documentation. You very well may find a .pdf manual on your specific system.

There are fuses in the power distribution panel, and a few in-line fuses on the hydraulic pump itself. Finding that .pdf will help tremendously, what is the name on the controls? Kwikee 3000 maybe?
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 03:11 PM   #3
Kahaone

Thanks. I am totally new to any RV. I have read many, many posts in forums about RVs, and so many different answers between different models, and it just seemed to confuse me more!
But, after your advice I looked up the hydraulic system websites. I found a bunch of info that I think will help me diagnose and fix my problem.
So thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Old 05-14-2023, 06:04 PM   #4
Dennis4809

If you’re talking about a class a pusher, check left front compartment. Most years had the bulk of the fuses here. I have two separate fuse blocks plus a lot of relays. Look for a 20 amp fuse.
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 11:28 AM   #5
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Mine, 1999 DEWALD hydraulics., (Conquest LE Class-C, dual slides) failed last month, problem was motor brushes worn out. Found motors online $195 to $1300, but got new, exact same motor (PARKER OILDYNE 108 J1171?) on ebay for $78 as a Mercury Marine trim motor and cured issue. TIP: TO GET BOOKS, get BRAND/ MODEL AND GOOGLE/ BING/ DOGPILE SEARCH for Owner Manual, Parts Manual, Service Manual. Good Luck. On motor power, check for 12vdc breaker RESET near coach battery (within 18"?) Control FUSE maybe inline, on pump itself, tapping battery power there.
Old 05-15-2023, 02:39 PM   #6
Kahaone

Thanks for the replies. I will look into both of them. Umfortumatley I havent been able to attempt any repair due to other circumstances. But I do appreciate any and all suggestions. I am on a super tight budget, and need cheap fixes (lol, I know they dont exist!). Hope to get back to RV renovations very soon.
Old 05-28-2023, 03:37 PM   #7
Kahaone

Replaced motor on hudraulic pump, now everything is working.
Thanks to the forum and other posters, I learned that the pump is the same as Merc trim motor, so saved a bunch of money on motor. Got one from eBay for $70.
Thanks everyone!!