Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-25-2023, 12:36 PM   #1
Bob Wareagle

Default 2006 Friendship G7 M8708 with hydraulic problems

I have an 06 Friendship G7 model 8708 with Dewald/Power Gear jacks with automatic system touch pad #500629 that operates 4 jacks and two slide outs. When all jacks are up and slide outs are in and auto levelling is attempted, the pump begins to run and jacks begin the extend but the passenger slide out also begins to extend. If the slide outs have been retracted and the retract all jacks is activated, the passenger side slide out will again extend when the pump starts. The passenger side slide out seems to extend any time the pumps is activated and runs or any jack is activated either by manual or auto keypad activation. How do I isolate my problem? Is it likely a pump or a cylinder problem? Any help will be appreciated.
Bob Wareagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 10:11 PM   #2
Hminor00

Did you ever figure out what was causing this?
Hminor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 03:03 PM   #3
Bob Wareagle

No, I haven't. I think that the problem is that something in the pump area (involving the manifold, solenoid or pressure valves) is not closed properly and allows fluid to flow through when the pump is activated. That slide out does creep out about an inch in a couple of days when completely closed. When the slide out moves unintentionally (other jack activated), it seems to move more slowly than if slide is activated intentionally. I haven't put a stopwatch on it (yet). I have gone through the procedure as (I understand it) to remove air from the hydraulic lines.

I am not skilled in either electronics or hydraulics. The only local RV sales and service facility in my area will not work on units over 10 years old so I am additionally handicapped. Thanks for your interest. Any suggestions or insights would be appreciated.
Old 06-04-2023, 09:27 AM   #4
RY469

There are electrically actuated solenoid valves on the pump manifold. There will be one exclusively for the offending slide. This valve is leaking by, based on your description. Some have a screw on the back side, you can ensure it is screwed all the way in (Do NOT overtighten! Snug only). These screw adjustments are used to bypass the solenoid valve (to manually operate, troubleshoot, etc). Power Gear is Lippert. Go to LCI1.com, support documentation, and you will most likely find your system and a .pdf service manual. Hope this helps . . .
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 01:55 PM   #5
Bob Wareagle

Thank you for this information. Lots to review at LCI1.com. I was uncertain which slide was the main and which was the Aux. I checked the screws on both. They were both tight counterclockwise and turned clockwise with little resistance. I guess that means that both valves are closed and whichever controls the passenger side (galley) slide is leaking. What do you recommend as my next option? I really appreciate your response.
Old 06-05-2023, 02:04 PM   #6
RY469

If you suspect a leaking valve, you can unscrew two (suspected bad, and one identical that is working) and swap them. This will migrate the issue, if indeed a bad valve. Easier (and cheaper) to identify bad valve Vs buying a new one to trouble shoot with.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote