Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
MLFCLF

Default Need Tourmaster 2007-2008 Info !!

I am currently full-timing in a 2004 Winnebago Journey 39K Diesel. I need a more workable floorplan and storage. I have looked at the tourmaster model for 07 and viewed the 08 on line. I like everything that I see. Basically an improved version of the Alfa. However, the feedback that I have read in various forums scares me that this unit might not be as good as looks. Service issues at the factory level seem to be a big concern. I read one reply that the dealer I am looking at left the customer hanging, Long View RV Superstores in Florida.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:59 PM   #2
coolchas11

Mike, my first post didn't go through, so I am trying again. We purchased our 2007 Tour Master T40-C in December. Knock on wood (cabinets), we have had only one major issue with which to deal. While on our maiden voyage we encountered a problem with the hydraulic system (jacks and living room slide), which was repaired the next day and we were on our way. All other items were very minor and were taken care of under warranty. This is our third GS coach and we are very satisfied. We have never had any problems with the GS corporate staff. In fact, we have only purchased through Long View in CT. I must admit that we hesitate to do business with anyone else. Only one time did I feel compelled to contact the owner, Fran, in FL. The CT service manager was on vacation and the department seemed to need direction on some issues. The situation was immediately rectified. As far as your concerns over the GS line I recommend that you call Fran and lay your cards on the table. He seems to be a man that wants to hear from customers and potential customers. You'll like the TM. We looked at other manufacturers (in the same price range) and found the TM superior. If you wish, feel free to mention our name. Hope this helps. Charlie
Old 06-20-2007, 10:41 AM   #3
MLFCLF

Charlie, Thanks alot for the input. I really appreciate getting first hand info from a current and past owner. I have owned 4 MH to date and I have experienced some sort of difficulties during the first year with all of them. Some were definitely more upsetting then others but, that goes with the territory. MH have such a wide array of moving and none moving parts provided by many sources, things just have to go wrong. That is where the service comes in to play. You are lucky to have a dealer nearby that you trust. Unfortunately, Long View in Fla. is 500 miles from me. So, warranty issues do become a concern. I obtained the phone number of the factory rep for my area from GS. I think I will give him a call and run a few scenarios by him. Once again, THANKS for the help.

Mike
Old 06-20-2007, 03:13 PM   #4
hyall

Hey

I needed some warranty work done on my unit and GS recommended a place here in Ft Lauderdale Able-One that kept my unit for 3 weeks no work and parked in different locations I call the Rep for GS he told me to pick it up so I did and took it to Longview in Dover, where I first purchased it and four days later bingo its done so Longview is not that bad I love the bath and half and deep living room slider
hyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:58 PM   #5
Arthur Hayes

We enjoy our 07 Tour Master T40A and have had only a couple of warranty issues. Purchased the unit in Ft. Meyers Fl last September and have not been back to that part of the country since. When I needed warranty work done, I called customer service at GS and gave them my itinerary and they scheduled me into dealers along my route. I have no complaints with the service.
Blue OX Tow Bar
Unified Break System
Arthur Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:28 AM   #6
rdlamb

Default Tour Master comments

The Tour Master turns heads everywhere we go. After several minor problems, we are comfortable living in the "Beast Master," as we have named it. Overall, this is a great coach.

Went with the 40D to get the computer desk and have the bed facing forward (you can look down the hall & out the front window from bed). This model has only 2 slides. The others have 3.

It drives effortlessly. I recommend a Steer-Safe. It takes out wind sway, road wobble, passing Semi shakes.

We chose the Cummins, as this is the industry standard. If you chose a Mercedes I've heard you will be happy as well. Less power, but lots of climbing torque.

But, the Cummins is serviceable everywhere, hauls like a freight train, and tows my Rubicon while delivering 6.8 mpg average.

Hopefully, I will not buy another one because this Beast will last longer than I will.
Safe travels.

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:47 PM   #7
GO BLUE

Got an 07 t40b...wife wanted 1 and a half bath,,,,,mercedes 330 allison 6 spd only got 2000 miles so far ....a couple trips to disney....wobbly table and front cable connection only problems.........upon delivery they bleached my carpet coach is at north trail today to get everything fixed had a winnebago adventure 8.1 gas got five mpg towing a 4rnr.......got 8 with the new one although diesel is still 2.95 down here andgas is 2.67 otherwise love the layout lots of people on there carts driving by and taking pictures and asking questions while at disney........
Old 08-30-2007, 11:35 PM   #8
djqualls

You can read my posts in this forum to see my experiences. Overall I think I have had a good experience with my coach. Yes, I've had issues that spending another $100,000 on a more expensive coach "MAY" have prevented, but, when push came to shove, Gulfstream always came thru.

I bought mine in Jacksonville FL and live in Oklahoma so I havent had the luxury of taking a short trip to the dealership thus, dealing directly with the factory was a neccessity.

I don't fulltime. I am writing this post from the table of the coach backstage at a concert pavillion 200 miles from home and using it as a production office/living room. I'm washing towels, watching Sports Center and thinking about a diet coke and a bag of popcorn.

The sticker price on this coach was $209k I paid $150k even (brand new with 1,100 miles) and have put about $7k worth of extras on it and I think its still NADA valued more than I paid.

It does turn heads and when I'm with Prevosts side by side the average Joe thinks Its a tour bus.

I guess I'm bragging a little about owning a Morothome but if you're reading this then you know how I feel because you own one too.

I wish I could go out for a month or so at a time and stay and play but unfortunately at 45 years old Its a combination office-motel-play pretty.

So to finish.....Its ok to buy a Tourmaster. They Are Cool!! And even the chicks think you are some star or Mogul when you walk out of it. Unless of course they see you dumping the crapper....
Old 08-31-2007, 05:45 AM   #9
RJ82much

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqualls

So to finish.....Its ok to buy a Tourmaster. They Are Cool!! And even the chicks think you are some star or Mogul when you walk out of it. Unless of course they see you dumping the crapper....
Reality sure sets in when you are dumping your own crapper!

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:34 AM   #10
trickto322

The forum have it right. The Tourmaster really steals the show, its a real looker. The campground that we stayed in this summer had a steady stream (no pun intended) of people looking at our coach. Every single day at least one person would ask if they could see inside. Gulfstream really makes a nice looking coach all they have to do is work on the service and parts end. It only takes a small bad experience to cloud all the good.
trickto322 is offline   Reply With Quote