Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-01-2007, 07:41 PM   #1
amman1725

Default Slideout problems with 2006 Endura

Our Endura slideouts are tempermental; Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't; The seats are all the way forward, parking brake set, key out of ignition, batteries fully charged and mh plugged into shorepower; sometimes if we go for a short drive and come back then they work; They act like a sensor is telling them that one of the above is not in the correct position; I think its a flaky sensor or wiring connection; I looked under the drivers seat for the sensor that another post was talking about but all I saw was the electric control box for the power seat; Does anyone have any ideas and/or know where the other sensors are? ie the iginition sensor?

The stabilizer jacks must use the same sensors because they flake out the same and concurently with the slideouts; The power light will come on, but when we push the down or up buttons all it does is click, no beep like when the key is still turned on; The dealership where we bought it, RV USA Everett, WA has not been much help so far; They just say bring it in again and we'll look; So any help you can provide will be greatly apreciated, Thanks in advance, Jeff.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Default Re: Slideout problems with 2006 Endura

Quote:
Originally Posted by amman1725
Our Endura slideouts are tempermental; Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't; The seats are all the way forward, parking brake set, key out of ignition, batteries fully charged and mh plugged into shorepower; sometimes if we go for a short drive and come back then they work; They act like a sensor is telling them that one of the above is not in the correct position; I think its a flaky sensor or wiring connection; I looked under the drivers seat for the sensor that another post was talking about but all I saw was the electric control box for the power seat; Does anyone have any ideas and/or know where the other sensors are? ie the iginition sensor?

The stabilizer jacks must use the same sensors because they flake out the same and concurently with the slideouts; The power light will come on, but when we push the down or up buttons all it does is click, no beep like when the key is still turned on; The dealership where we bought it, RV USA Everett, WA has not been much help so far; They just say bring it in again and we'll look; So any help you can provide will be greatly apreciated, Thanks in advance, Jeff.
Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum !!

I am not sure about the Endura, but on our DP the switch on the seat is on the bottom back of the seat base. It is a mechanical switch with a stiff "wire" arm about the diameter of a metal clothes hanger, that trips the switch when the seat is moved forward. The arm is tripped by the frame of the seat base/track.

On our coach the ignition switch must be in the "on" position for the level jacks to work, it doesn't matter where the seat is because the seat position safety switch only works for the slideouts.

Maybe someone with an Endura will jump in and tell us how theirs works.

You might want to check the ground on the hydraulic unit, it could be loose at the unit or frame. Make sure the ground is clean at the frame with no paint or rustproofing insulating it from making a good contact. Also check the ground for the house batteries at the frame.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:26 PM   #3
amman1725

Default slideout problems with 2006 Endura

Thanks Ron, the ground straps look clean and tight; On our Endura if the key is on or in the acc position the jacks will not go down, a warning beep sounds to prevent putting down the jacks while moving; which is good since our pug loves to use the jack controller box as a step to my lap! If noone has any ideas here, I'll call my electrical guru mechanic and see if he'll try to chase down this inconsistant problem; He's worked on GS before, and replaced our fuel pump on the generator which we discovered was part of a bad model run; GS and Onan were aware of the faulty pump but chose to just let owner's discover the problem and then deal with it; When we needed it fixed the mechanics union at Onan were on strike so nobody would touch our generator, so we had Roger do the work as an independent; Well hopefully we won't need to use him ($$$) and someone will have some ideas; Well all for now, thanks for the info, Jeff.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:09 PM   #4
amman1725

Default Slideout problems

Well, sometimes the answer is more simple than we think; My mechanic cleaned up all the wiring connections to no avail, then he bumped up against the hydraulic pump and lo and behold all of the mounting bolts had fallen off .... nice of Gulfstream to use nylocks or at least some sort of secure fasteners, instead of just standard nuts which rattled off in less than a year; Well such is the way it goes, after he put new locking nuts on and secured the pump, which must be how it grounds itself, the problem has gone away;

while he was under the coach though, he dragged me under as well to show me that my hydraulic pump has a manual jacking attachment if the problem ever comes back; He couldn't answer the following question so I thought I'd try hear:

There is a spot to put in a jack handle to manually pump the hydraulics, but how do I control which system it is pressurizing ie the slideouts and leveling jacks are on the same hydraulic pump; There is two thumb screws right next to the handle slot but no expanation in the manual whatsoever; Has anyone dealt with this before or now how to operate the system manually?

I emailled the manufacturer of the pump with no results; Thanks in advance for any advice or info, Jeff.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:15 PM   #5
darbyjudy

Default Power Gear website

If you go to the Power Gear Website you can find manuals that will show you all about your system. Just recently I printed off two that refers to the systems on my Gulfstream Sunvoyager. The address is www.powergearus.com
Old 07-15-2007, 08:15 PM   #6
amman1725

Default 2006 Endura Slideout Issues

Thanks for the link, that helped a ton, Jeff.