Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-17-2014, 08:53 PM   #1
tarheel

Default Been A Great Ride

We have really enjoyed our 07 Tourmaster T40A. We bought it new in 2010 after it was involved with dozens of other coaches in a dealer bankrupsy and have really enjoyed it having put over 30,000 miles on it. I can't say that we haven't had issues with it, but through it all, it had been our favorite coach of the five we have had to date. We went to an RV show just to look around and before we left, surprisingly, my wife was shopping for a new RV. I'm the one that have always had to convince her that we needed a new rig, but not this time. She saw dishwashers, fireplaces, fantastic electronics, bath & half, etc., so it was just a matter of time before we traded. The biggest problem was finding a coach with closet space close the size of ours, cabinet space the same as ours, and quickly found there are none.

We're sitting in a RV dealers lot tonight waiting to pick up a new Tiffin Phaeton in the morning with all of the amenities that my wife saw at the RV show. So this time tomorrow evening, we will be out of our Tourmaster for good. I'll continue to monitor this site and hope that I have offered information in the past that may have assisted someone having an issue. It's been a great ride.

Dick
Old 10-18-2014, 05:40 PM   #2
rescue7

Default Re: Been A Great Ride

Its been great talking with you on this site. Keep in touch, Thanks for all your help.
We are looking to sell our Tour Master soon also. Going back to a fifth wheel to cut costs.

Take care

Don
Old 10-18-2014, 05:42 PM   #3
Chuck v

Dick,

Thanks for all your contributions over the years... I also have looked at potential "other" coaches, but since I have the Tour Master 40C with the walk in closet, stacked washer and dryer, large residential fridge and a rather generous sized shower it is hard to find any really meaningful improvement that justifies getting out of my fully paid for 2007 with under 12K miles...

Someday I may go for a really compact unit for just short, fun side trips if my fourth try at "retirement" works out better than the first three...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:04 PM   #4
RayChez1

Yes it has been great having you in this forum. You have had real good information posted. I hope you like your Tiffin. How long is your new coach. Did you get one with a tag axle? Those are real nice coaches.

I have thought several times of trading in for a coach with a tag, but this coach has been so good that I am afraid I might be making the biggest mistake of my life. Actually now I just hit 60K and the Caterpillar engine is running its best. So I guess we will keep ours a few more years.

Anyways congratulations on your new coach, and stay in touch.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:36 AM   #5
tarheel

Thanks for he kind words guys! I bough a new Phaeton 40 QBH. No tag axle, but it is a bath and half. I thought I might buy a tag, but found this model. I have a friend that has a Phaeton 42 ft. tag with bath and half and I can't tell much difference inside. I think his additional 1 1/2 ft. is in the bedroom area, but we have plenty of room there. We worked until late last night transferring everything then drove a couple miles to a Walmart in Lexington, KY. The temps here are around 40, so this thing has heated tile flooring and it is sure great to walk around bare footed on a warm floor in these temperatures. It also has just about everything Tiffin puts on a Phaeton.

Dick