Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
Karalyn

I just bought a new to me 2004 AmeriLite 21 MB and hoping it will be a winner. Just wondering how you are doing with yours after having it awhile now? Anything I should be weary of or look out for? I hope to head out next week for a couple of days, and again the following week.
My camper has the twin beds in the back which makes it look bigger than the usual.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
ethomps1

Hi Karalyn:

Several years later and we still like it and would purchase the brand again. We have made a few modifications to it, which can be seen here: http://picasaweb.google.com/ethomps1...eat=directlink

The mattress did not hold up well and we added the memory foam topper to it. We also decided against the dinette and removed the benches. Since it's only the two of us in the camper, it's not an issue.
ethomps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:16 AM   #3
Karalyn

Those pictures were really interesting! My new to me camper has twin beds in the back with a table in between. This way hubby and I have our own bed and the area under the beds is all storage. If one of our beds is messy with extra stuff on it, it won't bother the other person. We each keep our own area clean. LOL I am wondering about some kind of doors under those beds so I don't have to lift up the beds to get to the storage. ( Thinking here). I wish I could put pictures on here to show you but I don't know how yet.
I need to get my spare tire mounted also as it is in the camper at the foot of the bed. That shelf above the beds I am using it to keep the dog kennels stored out of the way( may need a kennel if dogs come in muddy and wet - until they are dried off), plus our clothes, extra bedding etc. is stored up there. Glad to hear your things are not bouncing off.
You traveling with terriers, and me with Maltese. I have a use for the bath tub that is unusual. I have newborn puppies and they will have their bed in the bathtub while we travel and they are tiny. That will give the mom and the pups privacy and give them room . When they pee, I can just wash the tub LOL. Actually I have not tried that but again I am thinking. I will be traveling to dog shows too and I actually bought the camper with the dogs in mind.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
EarlJunior

Send a message via AIM to EarlJunior Send a message via Yahoo to EarlJunior
Default your post re: the 21MB

Agree on the mattress; we replaced ours with a pillow top mattress we got from a mattress outlet; $200 only because it had a tire mark on the side from the warehouse people. (usually a $1k mattress!).

Re: the passing each other; to my wife's occasional chagrin I use that opportunity to grab her hips and act as if the passage were MUCH tighter than it is; that'll at least elicit a blush if nothing else!
Old 07-04-2010, 11:33 PM   #5
Karalyn

Anyone know where the hot water bypass is on this model? Also there is a red water faucet turning handle under the camper by the wheels. What is that for?
I see no explanation for either in the owners manual.
Thanks
Old 07-09-2010, 06:22 PM   #6
TUPFAM

The water heater bypass valves should be right at the back of the water heater. The faucet handle could be a low point drain or a drain valve for the fresh water tank.