Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-10-2008, 07:12 AM   #1
galena

Default Super Nova Rear Shocks

I have a 2009 Super Nova 6400 with about 2500 miles and have completed 3 trips. After the second trip to DC I decided it would be wise to see if shocks could be added to the rear due to very high oscillations in the RV when going over a bridge that has the same resonate frequency or a large "dip" at high speeds. Anyway, I finally found someone at International that indicated that rear shocks were available as "Optional Feature Code 0014WAP". I have had the shocks installed and just completed a 250 mile trip and it has make a real positive difference! Don't get me wrong, it is not an air ride now, but now rides like my pickup in that one feels the bump and then no more oscillations. I can't believe Gulf Stream would sell these units without the shocks. It costs about $1100 to install and was installed in one day. The biggest time was drilling the 8 holes in the frame. I would suggest that anyone that is considering a Super Nova, that the shocks be a part of the purchase price.
galena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #2
Georunner

Thanks for getting this info out to us. On my 34 foot model, I don't think I have quite the same problem as the bigger rigs, but I do think shocks would help keep the whole insides from bouncing apart over time. I am for sure looking into them, thanks again.
Georunner is offline   Reply With Quote