Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-23-2006, 07:55 AM   #1
lockdoc

Default Gulfstream service.....so far happy!

Hey all..

Just wanted to post something positive on here about Gulfstream service and warranty.

Just the other day I went to put my bedroom slide out and heard a nasty ripping sound. I discovered a nail sticking out from under the bed but still connected acting like a knife in cutting my carpet! I had noticed a small drag line on the carpet prior to this but assumed the bed was slightly touching the carpet. Well this nail had to have worked its way down while we were traveling over the weekend as it made easy work of the carpet. So now we get to have new carpet installed in our new 5er. Things happen and I understand that point so I am not getting all hot over this when I contact my dealer and Gulfstream. I simply explain the issue and the response was very positive. They are taking care of this in proper fashion.

I know that I am not totally through this yet....but I wanted to let you all know that I think GS is stepping up to the plate for its customers in service and warranty.....at least in this case.

Happy trails all!!
Powrachute Powered Parachute Rotax 912 100 HP
lockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 01:02 PM   #2
justlizz

Sorry to hear about carpet we have also discovered that they seem to use 6inch screws when a 2inch one would do hubby caught th back of his hand on a point that had gone right threw the wood
lizz
Old 07-21-2006, 02:32 PM   #3
lockdoc

Well...the 5er is now ready to be picked up again. They tell me that they found all three water leaks and fixed them, sealed up my slides with new tape on top, replaced the torn carpet, and generally fixed everything on my list!! They have had my camper for less than a week and I am happy that tommorrow I get to go get it again!

Will post some thoughts after inspecting it for all to share!

Kevin
Old 07-22-2006, 09:53 PM   #4
lockdoc

Hey all!

Just a quick follow up to my last post. We got the 5er picked up this morning and it is home safe and sound and it appears that kudos go to RV World of Ramsey,Mn as they took care of all on my list and appear to have done so professionally and fairly quickly.

The next time out with full hookups will tell the tale for sure, but it looks good so far!
Old 09-21-2006, 01:27 PM   #5
Maggie

Just a word of praise and thanks. While at the BHII rally in June we had a new Jensen radio installed. We used it on the way home and everything was fine. On Labor day weekend it would not work. Because this was an after purchase item we didn't know who to contact. On the Monday( one
week after Labor day) we took a chacne and made a few calls and sent a couple emails. The following Monday we got an email from a man who said
he was the parts manager. Requested we contact him. We phoned him the next day. The following day we had a call from a lady who said that
a new radio was being shipped that day. She also gave us her name and phone number and said she would be our contact person if we had any more problems. Three days later the radio arrived and has now been installed. I call this SERVICE.
Maggie
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:20 PM   #6
gsadmin

Was this a fifth-wheel, trailer or motorhome...I have heard alot of great praise for the towables division and their service.
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote