Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-11-2021, 11:54 AM   #1
smitharbie

Default Pressure switch

First post! 1997 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP air ride, air brakes. I have a leaking air pressure switch in left front (hood access). It is for air system 1. The switch is a single pole for the electrical hookup. the color around the bake lite is yellow. On the back side around the rim, spaced evenly apart is the number 9, about 4 times. The manifold it is screwed into is controlled by a PARKER 0RB00002. I need to find out how to get the right replacement. I don't know how specific the replacement has to be, or . . . ???

Can anyone help me on this very steep learning curve? I have a couple of pics of the manifold with the two air pressure switches, but I don't know how to attach them. The manifold has two pressure switches. One for air system 1 and one for air system 2 according to each of the two white wires that each hook singly to a pressure switch. I don't know what the purpose is for them. Maybe controls the air bag pressure or dash gauge pressure??? Thanks!
smitharbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 09:15 AM   #2
smitharbie

Default Smitharbie

I found it. Spartan says the pressure switch sends the pressure to the gauges on the dash. Calls it a pressure sending unit. They actually have the parts in stock and I will pick them up today. These little pressure switches are not cheap. $178.23 each! I'm buying two just in case the other one starts to leak. Hope this helps someone!
Old 10-17-2021, 01:01 PM   #3
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

OK,FYI, if it sends pressure signal to the electronic gages on the dash, then it is a PRESSURE TRANSMITTER (Not switch)
Old 10-18-2021, 07:29 AM   #4
smitharbie

Default Smitharbie

Yes, thanks! It transmits. However, they are listed a lot as pressure switches, and Spartan called then pressure sensors. Seems like there is always some lingo or other depending on the user or seller. Anyway, it is in and working. Now if I could only get the leveling jacks to operate!