Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #1
nglauer

Default Help, questions about 2007 GS Streamlite 26QBSS

Hi,

I'm new here and am currently looking at some Gulfstream units. I was hoping someone could fill me in on some details about Gulfstream, specifically the Streamlite and similar, and what some of the pro's and con's are to this model, and others.

I am currently looking at a 2007 GS Streamlite 26QBSS. It seems to be fairly loaded up with options. It is a fiberglass sided unit with scare lights, rock guard on the front, and awning on the entry side and over the slide. Exterior looks excellent and the roof looks perfect. It has a slide out drawer/tub in one of the basement containers, dual batteries and dual propane tanks. It has exterior speakers (i'm not sure if they are factory or owner added, because the interior surround has been upgraded with polk audio and an onkyo receiver). Interior looks excellent and has the large corner shower with skylight, and glass surround. It also has the convection/microwave range. Owner states that it has a 10 gallon hot water heater.. and he is including a new DVD Player and Flat Screen TV. It doesn't have a window in the door, just a peep hole... which I thought was odd, and it looks as if it has the steel wheels with the circular holes in the face of the wheel. It may or may not have a rear ladder, or spare tires (I cannot remember) and don't have a picture to double check. It also has night shades... but I don't remember if it has day shades. It's plumbed for an outside grill (but the current owner doesn't have one). He is also including a very nice treated lumber deck, with nice handrails and a built in bar with chair storage, and bench.

Does anyone on here own a Streamlite? How is the insulation on these? are they enclosed on the underside - and usable in winter conditions? are there any known problem areas.. on these travel trailers? What would this model trailer retail/average on price? I would rate it an 8.5-9 or better out of 10. Tires have very little miles.. and i'm not even sure what the deck would cost to build... but i'd guess it would be costly with the cost of lumber.

My parents owned a 90's model seahawk and it was a wonderful trailer. I would have loved to purchase it, but they sold it a few years ago when I didn't need a travel trailer. Now I am looking for a unit that I can live in for work, as I do travel some with my current employer. I will probably be on a permanent lot for 6-10 months out of the year. Any hints, tips, or suggestions on making this an ideal setup for "year round" use is greatly appreciated. The camper in question seems to be the best value i've found thus far, and my parents were always very pleased with their Seahawk.

Again, any help or opinons is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Nick
nglauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
kscaddo

Default Re: Help, questions about 2007 GS Streamlite 26QBSS

I have a 2010 GulfBreeze 26QBS, which is pretty much the same thing, compared with the Streamlight that I've seen at an RV show, and the literature I've seen. It came with one battery. Just this last weekend I put two 6V GC batts in it. Only the FW tank is covered. Here in Texas, I do fine at 30-40 temps. And I run an electric heater if I'm in camp driveway or not paying for it.

As far as your tires, it's not how they look, it's the age. Learn how to read the tire codes. IMHO, I would replace any thing 5-6 years old, and immediately if they are from China. There is a reason they are known as ChinaBombs!

Don't know about the outside speakers, my particular unit didn't come with them. The OEM "entertainment center" was junk from the start. I put an automotive Kenwood AM/FM/CD in it and Gulfstream reimbursed me. My dealer went belly up a few months after I purchased the unit. (FunTime RV in Cleburne, TX.)

Over all it's been a good trailer. From what I read on the forums, all the manufactures have their share of trouble. i.e. stuff coming loose and shoddy workmanship, of which I have had a couple (few?) instances, but I have fixed myself. My Breeze has an outdoor propane fitting which I run a Webber Q off of.
Regards, Ken