Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-02-2020, 11:42 AM   #1
Antyne

Default New to all of this!

Hi, my name is Antionette, I'm 38 and live in Texas. I've always wanted to get me a project travel trailer once my girls were out on their own. I love the idea of being able to take home anywhere with me if I need to. 2 weeks ago I bought a 30' travel trailer for less than my stimulus, as it has a sag on left side of slide from water damage. A project for sure but livable. Now as projects are underway I came here for information. Title says 2000 Gulf CT , but can't find any information on or in trailer. VIN does match to one on tongue. After scouring images of 2000 Gulfstreams trying to find make model I am still unable to find this exact trailer. It looks identical to the 2006 Gulfstream Cavalier but mine has a slide where dinette/couch would be and kitchen is on side by door, and the bedroom is open to rest of trailer. I'm fixing to do title transfer and can hopefully find out more through registration office. Any help or info is appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200519_020555522.jpg (123.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200524_194916904.jpg (122.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200518_235632557.jpg (169.0 KB, 5 views)
Antyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 07:09 PM   #2
UAHaerospace

titles are not a good place to 'find' out what vehicle you have, as they use descriptions and words that sometimes are truncated or abbreviated, only for their own internal use - my own 2014 Thor Palazzo diesel pusher motorhome says: "2014 Freightliner" on my title - true, it does sit on a Freightliner chassis, but it's a THOR product, called a PALAZZO...go figure.

I would not assume that the name on your title is anything close to what the actual Year/Make/Model Name/Model Number even is. Looking for photos of ones similar is the only thing you can do, and whittle down the 'floor plan' layout to get even closer.

A funny side note: I'm an agent, for insurance, and went to 'add' my new purchase to my existing insurance policy - a used 2007 Forest River Rockwood Signature Utra Lite 2896SS travel trailer. The interesting thing, though, the insurance company has a drop-box of all the 'models' for that year, and list more than 30 different ones, and yet not a single 'ROCKWOOD' model in the list, and yet this is a very popular model for Forest River - who knows why this is, but ultimately I know what I own and it doesn't really matter what my 'insurance policy' says, or even what the 'title' says.
UAHaerospace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 11:39 AM   #3
Antyne

What I've been doing but every one I find doesn't have slide out. It's frustrating. Closest is the Innsbruck and the cavalier matches minus slide.
Antyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 03:42 PM   #4
Larry l

Hello everyone I’m new to this site and the motor home community. I just bought a 2004 Gulfstream Sun Voyager . One of the first problem I’m trying to fix is my steps 1 time will retract perfectly then next time you open the door the won’t come out completely or go in completely. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?
Larry l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 04:00 PM   #5
Chuck v

Larry,

The step motor is similar to an electric window on a car...it senses stall current to know when it is at the end of its travel. If your step mechanism is binding or needs lubrication, the motor will stop short of full extension/retraction. Check for anything that is bent or rubbing as you watch it move in and out (and don't get anything pinched as you are down there...)

It could also be a loose/intermittent electrical connection, but more likely the above.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 05:38 PM   #6
Larry l

Thanks Chuck for information on site and step.
Larry l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 11:36 AM   #7
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antyne View Post
Hi, my name is Antionette, I'm 38 and live in Texas. I've always wanted to get me a project travel trailer once my girls were out on their own. I love the idea of being able to take home anywhere with me if I need to. 2 weeks ago I bought a 30' travel trailer for less than my stimulus, as it has a sag on left side of slide from water damage. A project for sure but livable. Now as projects are underway I came here for information. Title says 2000 Gulf CT , but can't find any information on or in trailer. VIN does match to one on tongue. After scouring images of 2000 Gulfstreams trying to find make model I am still unable to find this exact trailer. It looks identical to the 2006 Gulfstream Cavalier but mine has a slide where dinette/couch would be and kitchen is on side by door, and the bedroom is open to rest of trailer. I'm fixing to do title transfer and can hopefully find out more through registration office. Any help or info is appreciated.
I bought a class-c a few years back, licensed (verified) as a 1999 by VIN from title, identified floorplan # from sales Brochures found online, but then later identified that the floorplan was year 2000, based on fact that 2000 reversed/ swapped toilet and sink locations in bath. The (Other) difference it makes in SPECS is 2000 shows LARGER waste tanks (36-gal/ea vs 20/25-gal/ea) (NOT yet verified Engine chassis parts, I go by 1999. Unfortunately, some brochures missing from online archives But TIP: have found some that were missing from a MFR website on a DEALER website thru Google/ Bing
Old 06-15-2020, 01:01 AM   #8
Mike1931

I would guess it’s bent. Someone drove over a curb or hit a Leland in a parking lot and bent it. I would look for a used one. I bent mine by hitting something.
Mike1931 is offline   Reply With Quote