Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-23-2018, 04:21 PM   #1
Flower

Default Vista Cruiser trailer

Those who own the Vista Cruiser campers are you happy with them? We are buying a 19bfd, a fairly new floor plan that may not have many on the road. We are hoping it works out for us, we wanted a little larger camper than our present 6503 V-Cross Vibe. We have enjoyed our Vibe, easy to tow but a little small for us.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:58 PM   #2
Wmck

Default Vista cruiser

We have a 17ft vista cruiser

It is small but enough me my wife and me along with two small dogs. 8y like the trailer but am disappointed in the manufacturer quality
Fortunately we got it from a great dealer whose fixed everything. Definately get the extended warranted. You'll need it

UOTE=Flower;26907]Those who own the Vista Cruiser campers are you happy with them? We are buying a 19bfd, a fairly new floor plan that may not have many on the road. We are hoping it works out for us, we wanted a little larger camper than our present 6503 V-Cross Vibe. We have enjoyed our Vibe, easy to tow but a little small for us.[/QUOTE]
Wmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:35 PM   #3
Flower

We too have two small dogs that travel with us. As far as quality I am use to fixing up campers and making repairs I think problems with quality is true with just about all campers some a little worse than others. So far even though we haven't used the camper yet we are happy with it.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:17 AM   #4
Flower

This month we took a two week trip to Florida with the Vista 19BFD was a comfortable camper to travel with. It towed great behind our 2014 Ram 1500 quad cab with the 5.7 engine, we averaged about 12 mpg. We removed the factory three section mattress for the Murphy bed and replaced with a one piece four inch thick foam mattress with a two inch latex foam pad on top. We cut top bunk in half and use top half for storage, our dog enjoyed top half laying down looking out bunk window. Bottom bunk replaced mattress with a five inch mattress, I enjoyed sleeping and reading in that bunk. The lighting in the camper could not be better the camper is very bright with the many LED lights. We even used the oven a few times, first time we have had a camper with a oven. We stopped at a truck scale on way home, trailer axle weight hitched to truck with a WDH was 3,740 Lbs. We were fully loaded with about 10 gals of fresh water including the 6 gallons in the hot water tank. I was concerned about the 4,000 lb axle in the beginning but I don't think it will be a problem we still had 260 lbs remaining for cargo weight. We are looking forward to another trip when weather gets warmer. Its not the best camper for cold weather.