Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
tcrsolutions

Default Furnace and Air Conditioner

I have a 1995 34' Scenic Cruiser. Just recently, I encountered what I thought was a problem with the Thermostat; but am completely baffled. On our last trip, both the heater AND Front Air Conditioner (controlled by the same thermostat) will not work. The blower motor comes on on the heater, but you never hear the igniter attempt to light. Additionally, the fan will come on for the Air Conditioner, but you never hear the compressor engage. The heater is fairly new. I replaced it in March and it has been working fine since. The fact that both the A/C AND Furnace are not working right makes me think it has to be a wiring issue or an issue with the thermostat. I replaced the thermostat with the one in the bedroom and have the same problem. I have checked the voltage on the Red, White, Green and Yellow wires and they all seem to be correct. Any thoughts?
Old 11-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: Furnace and Air Conditioner

Not sure what kind of thermostat you have on your Scenic Cruiser, but I will describe what I have on my 2002 Scenic Cruiser. First of all I have two air conditioners with heat pumps on both which cool in the summer or you can use them as heaters in the winter. The thermostat will say zone 1 for the rear or zone 2 for the front. You can set them individually. If you want the front cooler to be on you set the thermostat on cool and the desired temperature . If you want heat if so equipped like mine you follow the same procedure. Now if you want both front and back at the same time, you do one zone at a time and set them. You can also set the fan setting for AUTO, Low or high. The air conditioners if set on low will start right away, but it will take about a minute before the compressor cuts in. IF set on Automatic it will recycle every so often.

Now on the same thermostat you also control the furnace. If you want to use the furnace for quick heating you set the thermostat to furnace and it should start right away, but when you turn the switch to off the furnace will continue for a few more seconds to cool the unit down. The furnace should ignite right away and start throwing heat through all the ducts including the bays to keep them from freezing.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote