Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-23-2021, 03:09 PM   #1
Pappy T.

Default Any BT 5255 owners ?

Hi , having just joined I have a few questions about the 5255 . Presently have a 24' W'bago and interested in getting something a little bit bigger . Have and prefer the B+ style , not a whole lot of them out there and twin bed floorplan.
My first big question is , where would you or do you put things like lawn chairs and your bbq grill ( Weber Q ) ? Outside storage bins don't look too big from what I've seen so far .
Anyone know what the wheelbase is ? Can't find that either
Saw a BT at the Tampa show 2 years ago , not overly impressed with the interior , looks like they've updated the look now .. much improved !
Thanks in advance for any particulars you could provide , don't be afraid to 'brag' about yours , love to hear it ! Pappy T.
Pappy T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 12:07 PM   #2
[email protected]

We have the BT 5255 model (2021) and like it very much.
Have the same grill as you have, and it fits in the compartment to the left of the coach door with the lid removed. The lid is then placed atop the grill for travel and cushioned with tablecloth and door mat. Chairs and all other outdoor items are stored in the towed vehicle.
Happy camping!
bnd1026@frontier.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 12:44 PM   #3
Pappy T.

Default Any BT5255 owners ?

Whew , thanks for the reply ! ( thought no one had one !) Have a similar storage way with our unit now but, We can put our plastic lego levelers and a couple lawnchairs with some smaller items in there also . Don't / can't tow with 2,000 tow limit so putting in a toad won't work . No place for lawn chairs ?
Wish someone around here had a 5255 to look at around here , if we had less storage area on a new/newer unit it's not worth changing . Funny how some units have copious amounts of exterior storage And a low CCC on it
Overall you're pretty content with your van ? It's amazing how little info there is on it , and we like the b+ a lot . Thanks again and travel safe and stay healthy too !
Old 11-01-2021, 07:09 AM   #4
[email protected]

PM sent with additional information
bnd1026@frontier.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 08:34 PM   #5
Pappy T.

P'Md you back !
Old 11-01-2021, 09:07 PM   #6
JBT5255

Hello, I have a 2021 5255. I just pulled the Ford chassis information and the wheelbase is 158". I'm not sure if Gulfstream modified that or not during the build, but I'll try to measure it tomorrow to confirm. Regarding storage, I wish there was more underneath. There is one section that would be large enough to put the collapsable camping chairs in (the kind that store in a cylindrical bag). You could probably put 3 or 4 under there. There are a few more that I use for the electrical, sewer supplies, etc. There appears to be more room underneath where storage could be added. We normally end up using one of the twin beds to pile stuff on during travel. We also use the shower to store stuff in. We have the theator seating, and one thing I recently noticed is that the center filler cushion between the two back rests is removable. Taking that out allows better access to the space behind the theater seat. I was able to store two rather large folding camp chairs back there plus two more of the collapsible chairs. You just have to be careful not to damage the material on the back of the theater seat (or forget and try to recline). There is also some space behind the small jump seat behind the passenger's seat. If you get creative, you can find area's to put stuff. One thing I learned from following the forum is that there is a lot of dead space behind the TV in the front. I'm thinking about opening that area up for more storage at some point. Good Luck!!
JBT5255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 03:57 PM   #7
Pappy T.

Smile Any BT5255 owners ?

Thanks to all that responded ! Answered some critical questions . Don't want to make a critical judgement until we actually see one but sounding like it might be a bit less than I was hoping for . Storage , comfort and accessibility to things is what we're looking for . Not to say it doesn't provide All those , just have to look at and check it out in person . But it's a good start , somewhat positive .
Again , thanks for the responses and by all means anymore insight would be appreciated ! Happy motoring , stay safe and healthy .