Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-28-2022, 12:50 AM   #1
wchoe

Default Roadside outlets not working after overloaded circuit

I have a 2009 Gulfstream Vista Mini Class B+

I mistakenly put 2 space-heaters on the Roadside circuit with a 15amp breaker. One heater was connected to a GFCI outlet, while the other was to a regular outlet on the same circuit. After running for 10min, the breaker tripped, but after I reset it, all the outlets on that Roadside circuit do not work and are showing Open Neutral on an outlet analyzer. I'm also unable to reset the GFCI outlet.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks
wchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 10:56 PM   #2
Bike Dr

If the gfci will not reset replace that receptacle with the same load as the existing one, they are designed to trip and only work so many times before they need to be replaced. Now I do have a breaker for both sides of mine so make sure you don't have more then one circuit..
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 11:30 AM   #3
wchoe

I have Roadside and Curbside outlets on separate circuits protected by 15Amp breakers.
The Curbside outlets are not affected.
Old 03-01-2022, 11:31 AM   #4
wchoe

Is it also possible for the 15Amp breaker protecting the Roadside circuit, needs to be replaced as well? I have reset it several times, but the outlets are still not working.
Old 03-01-2022, 11:31 PM   #5
Bike Dr

Yes that is a possibility that the breaker could be week or bad also, you can also do a test on both sides of the main to make sure you have 120v on both sides using a multi meter. That will ensure that you even have power on that buss feeding that side of the panel. You should be able to check power right at the breaker in question, start there, it should have 120v or so on the terminal on the breaker when it is in the on position..
Old 03-04-2022, 12:48 PM   #6
wchoe

Update:

I took out the 15 Amp Roadside breaker from the Distribution panel, and found that it was not fully tripped, and was not engaged even when it was re-set. I pushed on the button to fully trip and re-set the breaker, and that fixed the problem.

This may happen to other people as well, whenever their breakers trip partially, but enough to cut off power on that circuit.
Old 03-04-2022, 04:39 PM   #7
Bike Dr

Great to hear it was only that, and yes a breaker has to be pushed completely to the off position to reset it after a trip. Happy camping wchoe be safe!!
Old 03-06-2022, 09:26 AM   #8
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Yes, all BREAKERS need to be turned to OFF to recock the ratchet, then turned back on. You CANNOT simply go from tripped to ON. Thanks for update.