Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-20-2022, 09:23 AM   #1
Rvcamphunt

Default Wiring location for 12volt connections

Hello all,

I just got a 2005 gulf stream conquest ultra 6331
Unfortunately I am having issues with the location of all the wiring for 12volts. as it seems that they disconnected all the 12 volt connectors behind the breaker panel and plugged them back in after whatever they did and put them in different locations and the fuses are all over the place such as having higher amp fuses on items labeled differently on the front of the breaker. Anyways I want to place them as it is labeled in the front of the panel so I am wondering if anyone has a diagram for the 12 volt system and or wire colors identification so I dont spend alot of time trying to trace them. Also a fuse size recommendation for those items would help but I know it might be in the diagram if available.
Rvcamphunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 10:24 AM   #2
RY469

Your going to be out of luck getting a precise schematic. Best to pull a fuse and see what stops working to identify what is what. Most should be 15 amp, with some exceptions. You can get away with all being 15 Amp however, just have an extra 20 amp handy. Your furnace may need it. That's my suggestion, maybe somebody with your exact unit can help more.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 11:32 AM   #3
PaperRn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvcamphunt View Post
Hello all,

I just got a 2005 gulf stream conquest ultra 6331
Unfortunately I am having issues with the location of all the wiring for 12volts. as it seems that they disconnected all the 12 volt connectors behind the breaker panel and plugged them back in after whatever they did and put them in different locations and the fuses are all over the place such as having higher amp fuses on items labeled differently on the front of the breaker. Anyways I want to place them as it is labeled in the front of the panel so I am wondering if anyone has a diagram for the 12 volt system and or wire colors identification so I dont spend alot of time trying to trace them. Also a fuse size recommendation for those items would help but I know it might be in the diagram if available.
Google Gulfstream CE1235. It lists the 12 Volt Power Control Center for 50 AMP service. Should be a good start. There is a post on this forum at https://www.gsowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7293 that should help as well.

Hope this helps.

Ron
PaperRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 12:41 PM   #4
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Pull one fuse, see what goes out and if not a match to directory/ fuse size, move to the proper location. Repower, then you will have another circuit dead, so do same to it? Should take no more than 30-minutes, and benefit (w/ the up/down) if someone helps? Good Luck

p.s. Took me three years to decipher "CS" and "RS" definition for fuses and breakers on my 2000 Conquest LE as "Curbside" and "Roadside"; even here, no one claimed to know the meaning
Old 05-29-2022, 03:33 PM   #5
RY469

Quote:
Originally Posted by THenne1713 View Post
Pull one fuse, see what goes out and if not a match to directory/ fuse size, move to the proper location. Repower, then you will have another circuit dead, so do same to it? Should take no more than 30-minutes, and benefit (w/ the up/down) if someone helps? Good Luck

p.s. Took me three years to decipher "CS" and "RS" definition for fuses and breakers on my 2000 Conquest LE as "Curbside" and "Roadside"; even here, no one claimed to know the meaning
Hey, I heard that somewhere. Oh, two post ago.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 01:29 AM   #6
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713
Default GS Perplexions :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RY469 View Post
Hey, I heard that somewhere. Oh, two post ago.
OK, ONE more unsolved GS/ Ford mystery: 1) 6266 floorplan for 99-2000 says EXTERIOR/ CONSTRUCTION a "BUMPER JACK for 6266, 6302, and 6313 ONLY" (Ref: 1999 BROCHURE) vs "Bumper Jack Opt. most models" (2000 BROCHURE) Anyone have a CLUE? I have never been able to find anything on rig, manuals or online about that note?? Yeah, I know the pro/con arguments (ratchet vs screw/ scissors jacks RATED 1500-3000# vs hydraulic 6-ton/12-ton bottle jack, and 5000#/ 9000# axles, but it must have some origin, but was it a 1966 leftover typo? Even Ebay shows nothing, LOL