Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-19-2009, 06:29 AM   #1
Fl Mike

Default Front Passenger Seat

'06 TM36, the front passenger seat has the electric leg rest. One side of the lift does not work. Can't tell if it is just stuck on something (which it does not appear to be) or it the actuator is not working.

Can the seat be easily removed so that I can access the mechanism?

Thanks
Old 03-19-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
GO BLUE

I got an 07 Tourmaster had the pass seat worked on twice then it wouldnt work on one side ...........I looked at the cables to the motor which were supposed to be held in by a crimp on the housing of the cable.it had pulled out......with a couple of wire ties I made a crimp around the housing and used another tie to strap it back into the motor gear did that last july and it still works .... I did disconnect the brackets to make sure the leg lift was in the right position when I inserted cable back in but I did not take seat out Jim K
Old 03-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
jhan

Mine had the same exact problem. The lift quit working and I could not find a replacement part. It was some type of gear system and it was stripped. I was told I need to replace the whole mechanism.
The seat is bolted to the lift/slide mechanism, and mechanism is bolted to a pedestal which is bolted to the floor. The chair is quit heavy, so make sure you have a helper.
Let us know if you fixed it and how.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
Fl Mike

Thanks for the tips. Will probably be awhile before I get a chance to tackle the problem...

Thanks again

Michael
Old 03-26-2009, 10:46 AM   #5
mark2line

I have a 2008 Tour Master. On our first trip out the seat broke just like yours did. I put a temp repair on it that day. We had the seat replaced and had the same problem. The problem is that when someone is sitting in the seat the seat cushion puts pressure on the foot rest, making it hard for the foot rest to move. The tech indicated that it would break again.
Good quality!!!!!!!. My wife tries not to put any weight on the front of the cushion so it will not break. Sad you have to do this, they should have used Flexsteel as they say in the DVD that comes with the coach. I guess we are suppose to accept poor quality.

mark2line
mark2line is offline   Reply With Quote