Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-08-2020, 07:21 PM   #1
MarkandMarty

Default Outside speakers

I have a 2020 Envision 22UDL and every time I turn on the radio the outside speakers are on even if I turned them off the previous time I used the radio. Does anyone know how to turn the outside speakers off so they stay off by default?
MarkandMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 03:39 PM   #2
jamesham

Sounds like now they are operated with a relay switch. Any cheap SPST bathandle switch from Menards spliced into the center feed line of the cable will allow you to kill the outside speakers AT the outside speakers. You could mount it in a weatherproof plastic box, or punch a 1/2 inch hole in the panel and mount it there. Your neighbors will thank you for having the outside speakers off except when actually there using them. If you keep the volume down, we might even bring over a bottle of wine to thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkandMarty View Post
I have a 2020 Envision 22UDL and every time I turn on the radio the outside speakers are on even if I turned them off the previous time I used the radio. Does anyone know how to turn the outside speakers off so they stay off by default?
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 12:09 PM   #3
MarkandMarty

Jamesham, thanks for the idea. Since I have no intention of using the outside speakers I think I will just disconnect the wires at the speakers and be done with it.
Thanks again MarkandMarty.
MarkandMarty is offline   Reply With Quote