Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-04-2021, 07:04 PM   #1
wsantelope

Default Need Replacement for Apollo Half-Time Microwave Convection Oven

Our microwave is not working. We have explored all options for repair. Now we need to replace it. Can anybody suggest a suitable microwave/convection replacement or workaround? 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Mini-Cruiser 23ft. Current opening is approx 23 1/2 wide. TIA
wsantelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 09:37 AM   #2
JRStoys

We use the air fryer instead of the microwave food taste better.
JRStoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 10:33 AM   #3
Eddndee

You don’t want another Apollo half-time? Aren’t they still in business? We replaced our Sharp with an Apollo halftime when we couldn’t find a replacement connection/microwave that fit. We were happy with it but we sold that coach. Good luck! Microwaves are easier to find the right size than the combo.
Old 05-16-2021, 11:36 AM   #4
Mebryant

We have the same problem. I have not done anything about it because I am not sure I have the skills to replace it myself. All I need is the motor that turns the plate in the oven.
Mebryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 11:48 AM   #5
bmojmhs

The motor replacement is quite easy as I have done it. Get a motor for your model microwave, undo the screws that hold the bottom panel on and you will find the motor. Probably held on with 2 screws. Take the motor off, put the new one on and close it up.
bmojmhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 12:16 PM   #6
Mebryant

Thanks. Maybe this will give me the courage to try it myself.
Old 05-16-2021, 02:38 PM   #7
Mebryant

Where did you get the replacement part? I can’t find anywhere that has the driver motor. TIA for your help.
Old 05-16-2021, 03:17 PM   #8
Firecapt176

Default Microwave replacement

My MH is a different model 2001 sun voyager and I replaced the plain microwave with a brand from sams wholesale club. XP I believe, but it was a microwave, convection and air fryer combo for $200 and only had to modify the cover plate that holds oven in cabinet.
Old 05-16-2021, 04:33 PM   #9
bmojmhs

If you go to an appliance parts webpage and look up your model microwave you should get a picture of all the parts. From that you can pick put the motor and order it on line. Or go to a local appliance parts store with your model number and they should be able to look up the part for you.

The motors are universal with only 1 or 2 manufacturers of the motor. My microwave is an Amana but the motor was some other make.

If you take the bottom panel off you will see the motor. Use your iPhone to take a picture to get the motor number.
bmojmhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 04:49 PM   #10
RY469

Default Hijacked

I think maybe the first post got hijacked(?). Answer to first post, pull the cover off your microwave (four screws), unplug it and pull it out of it's hole. Measure it, go to Walmart get a new one same (or close enough to) size . . . Any brand will work. They run off shore power (120VAC) just like any other microwave at the house.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 03:28 AM   #11
Henry111

I bought the tiny Comfee oven to bake my clay pendants so that they don't inherit contact with food. I actually love how briskly this oven heats up and therefore the "stay on" option. It does all the sensible things a toaster is correctly designed for, although I still use my regular toaster for toasting.
Henry111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apollo, microwave, oven