Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-17-2022, 11:16 PM   #1
shakeyman

Default What type of slideout

Hello, we recently bought a 2008 super nova 6362. I noticed the slide on passenger side was nor sealing on all four corners. I've searched all over for info on the type of rack and pinion slide system I have. The slide has 2 rails and it has a motor on each rail, so each rail is totally disconnected from the other and i cant find any diagrams for that type. We dont have the complete manuals that normally comes with a new rv, and nothing mentions what brand or model. Any ideas on what brand or model slider system this is?
shakeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 10:01 AM   #2
Chuck v

Shakey,

Welcome to the forum -- lots of helpful folks here.

Your slide is likely made by Lippert and is a Schwintek dual motor unit. I will attach a document below to help you identify the model if that is the case.

You can "re-synchronize" the two sides with a simple procedure...do this:

Chuck
Attached Images
File Type: png schwintek slide synchronizing.png (48.7 KB, 13 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 10:04 AM   #3
Chuck v

I see the other attachment did not make it in the post above...so maybe it is too large. find it at this link:
https://liferebooted.net/2018-phaeto...ers-Manual.pdf

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 10:29 AM   #4
shakeyman

Chuck, thanks for the info. My rails are under the slide and the motors are mounted horizontally. I couldn't find a control panel that looks like the ones in the manual.
I guess I will call Lipert since they seem to own everything.
Old 04-18-2022, 12:28 PM   #5
forged1

Chuck, I'm new to the forum and RV's. I just got a 2007 Tourmaster 40C and the bedroom slide motor gear housing broke. It is a Gear Motor 523833. Do you know if there are other motor options? That number doesn't look to be readily available and is much more expensive than other motors that look nearly identical.

Thanks, Jeff
forged1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 09:31 AM   #6
RY469

Default Lippert

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeyman View Post
Chuck, thanks for the info. My rails are under the slide and the motors are mounted horizontally. I couldn't find a control panel that looks like the ones in the manual.
I guess I will call Lipert since they seem to own everything.
Try Lipperts support link, lot's of good manuals. I'm guessing you probably have a Power Gear in floor system. Either way, look around on the support documentation "LCI1.com" you will find methods to adjust your slide. Do it with care, it has to work both all the way out and in. Adjustments (obviously) effect both.

https://support.lci1.com/power-gear-slide-out-system
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 09:38 AM   #7
RY469

Default Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by forged1 View Post
Chuck, I'm new to the forum and RV's. I just got a 2007 Tourmaster 40C and the bedroom slide motor gear housing broke. It is a Gear Motor 523833. Do you know if there are other motor options? That number doesn't look to be readily available and is much more expensive than other motors that look nearly identical.

Thanks, Jeff
Have you determined the motor itself is bad? The Power Gear Motor 379204 (523833) is expensive enough I suggest it is worth sourcing a local motor repair shop. Many times you can get the motor rebuilt for much less than the money wanted for a new unit.
Old 04-26-2022, 10:06 AM   #8
shakeyman

I found out it is the in floor system. Luckily the motors worked fine, but i did have to take it to a shop. The motors had to be reprogrammed,which required special software etc.
It seems that corner is warped out a bit but it does sit flusher.
Thanks for all your replies.
Old 04-26-2022, 05:44 PM   #9
RY469

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeyman View Post
I found out it is the in floor system. Luckily the motors worked fine, but i did have to take it to a shop. The motors had to be reprogrammed,which required special software etc.
It seems that corner is warped out a bit but it does sit flusher.
Thanks for all your replies.
I'm a little concerned with your comment; "The motors had to be reprogrammed, which required special software etc"

I'm a Tech, and that sounds like B.S. to me. Would suggest you have a critical eye on the person that said this to you. They might be blowing hot wind up your skirt.