Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-18-2022, 11:12 AM   #1
Vespalad

Question Need help please!! Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 197BH

Hello!
First post here - first time travel trailer owner.
We've purchased a 2022 Gulf Stream RV Ameri-Lite Super Lite 197BH. We bring her home on Thursday and couldn't be more excited!!

I'm hoping another 197BH owner might be able to help me out with a quick measurement... I need to buy a drop for my hitch receiver and with the dealer closed today and tomorrow, I have no means of getting the measurement myself.

Specifically I need to know the distance from the ground to the bottom of the coupler - while the trailer is level.

If anyone would be willing to get this measurement for me I would be eternally grateful! I cant seem to find it anywhere online.
Vespalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 10:52 AM   #2
RY469

Default Ball drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespalad View Post
Hello!
First post here - first time travel trailer owner.
We've purchased a 2022 Gulf Stream RV Ameri-Lite Super Lite 197BH. We bring her home on Thursday and couldn't be more excited!!

I'm hoping another 197BH owner might be able to help me out with a quick measurement... I need to buy a drop for my hitch receiver and with the dealer closed today and tomorrow, I have no means of getting the measurement myself.

Specifically I need to know the distance from the ground to the bottom of the coupler - while the trailer is level.

If anyone would be willing to get this measurement for me I would be eternally grateful! I cant seem to find it anywhere online.
Start with 22" top of ball to the ground. This allows around one inch squat (drop) once connected. You can adjust from there.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
197bh