Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-28-2022, 07:39 PM   #1
Larrygmoody

Default 2004 SC. Where's my water filter?

Hi,

I'm just cleaning my tanks in preparation for a trip this month and there's some dirt inside the fresh water tank. Not sure how I'm going to get it out, maybe an air compressor... anyway, I'm looking for the water filter so I can change it out, but cannot seem to find it.

Did 2004 Scenic Cruisers come stock with a filter? If so, where the heck is it?

Thanks!

On a side-note... we're lovin' this rig! Several trips so far and the only issue was the batteries were low on water (basically dry) which was completely missed by my RV guy! I filled the batteries and now we're 100%.
Larrygmoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 10:58 AM   #2
RY469

It's not usual for the manufacturer to install water filters. Owners typically install them. I put a "whole house" filter from Lowes at the inlet of my fresh water line. Works well.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 05:53 PM   #3
Larrygmoody

I thought that might be the case. I think I need to install one.
Larrygmoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 09:30 AM   #4
Boze33

The whole house water filter system should be in the 'utilities ' cabinet next to the manifold.
Boze33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 11:02 AM   #5
elmerfud

Larry,
You should have a tiny filter just in front of the water pump. My travel trailer did not come with one and it caused to pump to fail. I installed a pre-filter with the replacement. The installation instructions on the new Shurflow pump recommends a pre-filter. BTW I disassembled the failed filter and found it clogged with polyethylene debris from the installation of the tank fittings. Shoddy manufacturing. Also, Gulfstream, soon after delivery I had to reach up my black water outlet to remove the circular chunk of the floor from the toilet installation. It had plugged the drain pipe.
elmerfud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 06:47 AM   #6
bharbison2500

Clearsource is a good company for water filtration. I bought one of their two stage units for my rig when I redid my water bay and removed and cleaned my fresh water tank. I integrated the Clearsource two stage filter into the new water plate (Blue Filter Cartridge Holders).

The 20 Micron filter removes the large particles in the water and the .5 Micron filter removes bacteria, chlorine, etc. for extremely clean water for your whole rig. If you know how bad Florida water is, the Clearsource filter make Florida water taste like bottled water.

Attached is a picture of my water bay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Waterbay.jpg (171.8 KB, 2 views)
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited Toad
bharbison2500 is offline   Reply With Quote