Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-09-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
rayhisako

Default 2002 Yellowstone Diesel Pusher

I have a 2002 Yellowstone, Model 8362, and I hope someone can answer a question for me. There is an outside compartment below the drivers seat which holds most of the fuses and relays. It also has a small compressor and accumulator tank. The compressor appears to be plastic about 5"X7"X3" and the accumulator is a plastic ball about 5" in diameter. The pump and accumulator do not appear to go anywhere as I cannot find an airline exiting the unit. The pump starts pumping as soon as I turn the ignition key on, do not need to start the engine. The pump, pumps continuously. Does anyone know what the purpose of this air pump is? All replies appreciated.

Ray
rayhisako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #2
fatboylust

I have a 2002 Friendship which bares many similarities to the Yellowstone and my Friendship does not have a compressor/accumulator in the locker under the drivers area.

http://www.gulfstreamrvtrailers.com/litarchive.htm

If you believe it was installed by the factory ask Mike Potis as GS [email protected]

Hope this helps
FBL
Old 08-10-2008, 10:22 PM   #3
rayhisako

The way it is wired and piped leads me to believe it was installed by the factory. I'll try the e-mail address you provided. Thanks,

Ray
Old 08-10-2008, 10:27 PM   #4
rayhisako

Email sent to Mr. Potis. I'll post his reply when I recieve it. Thanks for the help.

Ray
Old 08-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #5
fatboylust

Sorry I should have looked rather than rely on my memory. I too have the same items installed in the same location. There are markings indicating it is a Ford product with the following numbers E3 HT-2A451-BA and 003953-92 as best I can tell. I search both numbers and variations of each in google and found the Ford Service part number 2A451 is a vacuum pump used to control the heat and AC controls. The prefix identifies the year of manufacture, vehicle designation, and the suffix the series revision.

If it runs continuously I suspect there is a vacuum leak somewhere.

Hope this helps,
FBL
Old 08-20-2008, 07:22 PM   #6
rayhisako

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking I will be tracing this system down now that I know what it is for. Appreciate the reply.

Ray
Old 08-24-2008, 06:55 PM   #7
RayChez1

The vacuum pump on my Scenic Cruiser is under the dash against the firewall where the heater fan is located. I had it fail and was replaced under warranty. On my coach it was an Evans product.
I was thinking about the compressor you are talking about on your coach and was wondering if it might have something to do with the air horns. Just a guess my coach does not have, what you described in that compartment.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:57 PM   #8
rayhisako

Default 2202 Yellowstone Diesel Pusher

I finally found it. fatboylust was corrrect, it is for the heat & AC controls. I was looking for a heavy rubber vacumn hose. After getting under the dash and really looking over the controls for the heater/AC I realized that the vacumn lines looked like very shiny wires. Looked in the electtrical compartment under the drivers seat and found a wire that looked out of place. Pulled it back and it had a rubber sleeeve attached. Extended it full length and found where it connected on the accumulator and the rest is history. Success!!! The pump no longer pumps full time and the controls work. I'm a happy camper. Especially since I was getting ready to take it in and pay for repairs. Thanks to all that contributed.

Ray
Old 01-11-2009, 04:58 PM   #9
rayhisako

Default 2202 Yellowstone Diesel Pusher

I finally found it. fatboylust was corrrect, it is for the heat & AC controls. I was looking for a heavy rubber vacumn hose. After getting under the dash and really looking over the controls for the heater/AC I realized that the vacumn lines looked like very shiny wires. Looked in the electtrical compartment under the drivers seat and found a wire that looked out of place. Pulled it back and it had a rubber sleeeve attached. Extended it full length and found where it connected on the accumulator and the rest is history. Success!!! The pump no longer pumps full time and the controls work. I'm a happy camper. Especially since I was getting ready to take it in and pay for repairs. Thanks to all that contributed.

Ray