Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-04-2020, 12:25 PM   #1
TomR

Default Grey Water Filling fast need help fixing.

Purchased used 2005 BT Cruiser 1 1/2 years ago. I have always used in campgrounds. Recently, used it off the trail self contained. The grey water tank fills almost full (per indicator) with one shower (indicator shows 2/3 full) I can go dump at a dump station and again 2/3's full after a shower. Can anyone advise as to the problem. If I don't dump the grey water tank water fills in tub with second shower. Is the grey water tank too small? Advice appreciated.
TomR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:26 AM   #2
VaHappyCamper

The indicator lights on tanks are always questionable. With it showing 2/3's full after emptying, I would suspect that the level sensor is malfunctioning (either dirty or ?). With the tank filling with two showers, either the tank is not completely emptying or you are just using too much water. As many have said, showers need to be taken the old military way (get wet, turn off, soap up, rinse and turn off again). I have a 36 gallon gray water tank and I can run about 5 days with just myself and taking showers daily plus dish washing etc. Hope this gives you a bit of direction
VaHappyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 07:40 PM   #3
Tillie

Try Calgon water softener added to the gray tank and drive around a bit. It cleans the sensor. Also do the black. My 2005 BT dumps the bathroom sink in to the black tank. Only shower and kitchen sink go in the gray tank.
Tillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 07:46 PM   #4
Michigan Scott

Grey water tanks are always undersized. Get yourself a blue tank on wheels so you can double your holding capacity. Use the shutoff on the �� showerhead to conserve water and use the bathhouse showers for long serious cleaning.
Michigan Scott is offline   Reply With Quote