Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-07-2019, 09:19 AM   #1
Wambulance1949

Default Rv roof replaced

Back in Late August 2016, we took our 2007 Tourmaster class A RV to CW due to roof problems, we had Camping World REMOVE & REPLACE our old damaged roof. We were advised it had a LIFE TIME WARRANTY as long as we owned the coach. In early December 2018 we took it back to CW because we leak issues with the 3 slide room seals that were totally replaced in October 2018, and we noticed black mold?? on the kitchen area ceiling. They fixed the slide issues (warranty) but state that there is roof damage to the approx. cost of $5'500.00
They asked if we ever checked the roof seals since the roof (Membrane) replacement. They claim it was my responsibility to climb up on the roof and check them every 6 months... I advised them that #1 I was never advised to do that #2 I was never given any paper work or verbally advised to check the seals. Unfortunately I ASSUMED if the roof is replaced with a new roof I should not have any issues. (I've had my house replaced due to hurricane damage and nobody ever said limb up on the roof and check your seals) . Yesterday they said I need to check my owners manual and see that we were to check our roof seals every 6- 12 months) unfortunately, we never got an owners manual only a pile of info manuals on the freightliner engine, transmission, tv, washer/dryer, AC, etc. QUESTION: have any of you been advised to check your roof seals every 6+ months for leaks????
Wambulance1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:57 AM   #2
Sudsy

Well something has changed between 2005 and 2007. My 05 Sun Voyager doesn't have a "Membrane" roof. The roof is fiberglass. I just had a complete sealing job done for $2000. The roof sealer was stripped around all of the vents and pipes. The entire roof was coated with a product called Eterna-bond (sp) or something like that and then the sealer was redone. I had a couple of small leak problems that were fixed promptly. Point is the roof is fiberglass. Is yours really a "Membrane Roof"? Like a travrel trailer or 5th wheel.

Now if it would just stop raining!!!

edit: I just looked at the brochure for your unit and it has a "laminated fiberglass roof".

Sudsy
Old 03-07-2019, 12:00 PM   #3
Chuck v

My 2007 Tour Master coach had a fiberglass roof, as stated in the factory brochure. See the highlighted paragraph in the document excerpted below.

I have had many dealings with CW where it is clear they are not the final authority on RV configurations or factory equipment -- so do your research.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2007 Tourmaster roof specs.jpg (319.0 KB, 16 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 12:02 PM   #4
Sudsy

So if they said they replaced a "Membrane Roof" and charged you for that I think CW has ripped off another person!

Sudsy
Old 03-17-2019, 09:54 AM   #5
HuskeyBoy

Welcome to dealing with Camping World
HuskeyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:00 PM   #6
juan

Yes welcome to The Camping World nightmare! We wouldn't recommend that company to our enemies (if we had any). Our Gulf Stream was broken into twice while in their hands for repairs. The T.V. was ripped out which damaged the wood shelving. All of our personal items were stolen. The driver side door was damaged too. They fought us tooth and nail.

The Motor home was towed there for a fuel pump that stopped working. They broke all of the studs where the pump mounted to the tank and couldn't fix it. Then they refused to replaced the tank. I had to personally take the tank to a place that specialized in fuel tanks for repair. Then I had to order and install the new fuel pump then bring it all back to them.

After complaining to corporate and making negative comments on their Face Book page I was given $500 to shut up and go away. After that I upgraded my Good Sam towing to coverage that will take our Motor Home to my place of choice.