Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-20-2020, 01:14 PM   #1
Mountaindaze

Default Brake Controller Connection - Under Rig

I'm trying to use the built in connections on my 2004 Gulfstream Ultra Class-C RV, which is on a Ford E-450 Chassis. I've located the under dash connection but I'm trying to trace it to the under chassis wiring. The best I can determine I believe it's one of these two connectors (see pictures). Does anyone have any knowledge about what these actually are? I'd like to be sure before I go hacking away something that may be important for some other use, or hurting my RV and/or brake controller in the process. Thank you for any assistance.

Update: Ford apparently doesn't make the connector plug harness for these any longer, but after a brief discussion with a parts technician I'm gaining confidence that these are the plugs that tie into the 7-pin connector at the hitch. Looks like I'll be cutting the connectors off and hard-wiring in my receptacle. As always, if you've got any input or feedback on this process, please chime in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Plug_ends.jpg (119.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Plugs.jpg (122.2 KB, 1 views)
Mountaindaze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake controller, trailer brakes, wiring