Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-22-2021, 07:09 PM   #1
Bob0128

Default 323 TBR slide room keeps popping fuse

My 2021 Gulfstream 323 TBR keeps popping the 30 amp inline fuse (Located near the battery) when I am operating the slide outs. I recently had it to the dealer and they replaced the auto reset circuit breaker which was rusty and loose. On my first trip of the year this past weekend, I was able to close the rear slide but when I attempted to close the front slide, I observed the 30 amp fuse was burnt out and had to replace it in order to get my bump out to go in. I notice the auto reset circuit breaker says 50A on it but my inline fuse is a 30A, does this matter? Did they put the wrong fuse in? Some of the research I have been doing suggests the slides may use 31A when opening or closing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bob0128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 09:58 AM   #2
RY469

Your slide motors should not be pulling that much amperage. Mechanical binding or bad wiring / motor could all be the cause. Can you isolate it to one particular slide that pops the fuse? Troubleshoot from there . . . I'd use a battery / jump box straight to suspect motor to see if it is the issue (by measuring amp draw) or wiring to it (if low amp draw from jump box).
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 11:20 AM   #3
Bob0128

Thank you for your reply. I can't pinpoint which of the 2 slides cause it to pop since it seems to have happened with both. I sent it back to the dealership for the second time. The first time they replaced the resettable circuit breaker, adjusted and lubricated both slides which didn't solve the problem. This time, a different technician stated the slides were wired incorrectly from the factory. I will be picking up the camper this week and will hope for the best. To say the least, I am very frustrated with Campers Inn of Merrimack, NH and their service department.
Old 07-05-2021, 01:55 PM   #4
RY469

Default The Fix

I'd be very interested in what they actually find. These sort of problems can be elusive, compounded by varying levels of electrical systems comprehension and experience. Those electrons DO travel at the speed of light Maybe they can give you a bit of a break on labor cost.

I'm the primary electrical guy at our Dealerships service department. I've got 40+ years in the field, and like a challenge (like it sounds like yours has become). Please post or email what they find if you would.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 12:54 PM   #5
Bob0128

I picked my camper up from the dealership a couple of weeks ago where they stated there were too many things wired into the 50A resettable breaker. They also claimed the slides shouldn't have been wired into the 30A fuse. They rewired a few things and haven't had any issues since. Now I need to get their wiring job replaced because their fix consisted of electrical tape and a wire nut that is exposed to the elements.