Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-23-2008, 06:20 AM   #1
ORGANCORY

Send a message via MSN to ORGANCORY Send a message via Yahoo to ORGANCORY
Default New Forum user and New Gulfstream Gulfbreeze owner

I will be taking delivery on a 2006 26TRS on hopefully Saturday. If not saturday then next week some time. We are upgrading from a 1995 Dutchmen Duck popup. It will be hard to see the little guy go, but we decided we loved camping and now is the time to put big boy pants on. If we like the 26TRS then we will get something bigger in a few years.

Does anyone own one of these or have any recommendations on anything that will make life easier.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
Timothy

Congratulations on the new Gulf Breeze and welcome to the forum!
The best advice I can think of is to do a thorough pre delivery inspection before you take the trailer home. Have them show you that everything works, furnace, AC, Refrigerator, water heater ,water pump, Everything!
Believe me the dealer will fix it fast if you hold that check before taking delivery. If things need attention and the dealer says he will take care of it later, say fine, I'll pick up the trailer and pay later!
Good luck, if you know your dealer you probably won't have any problems.

Tim
Old 01-25-2008, 12:17 AM   #3
RJ82much

Welcome to the forum Cory (?)

I totally agree with Tim's recommendation about getting things fixed before you buy, rather than later service visits. Your dealer will balk at this, & probably refuse. I don't know why this is so, but seems as though they refuse to take the step till you're the owner.

I'd like to add that in addition to having the dealer demonstrate operation of EVERY system & procedure, that you also duplicate each operation & procedure with your own hands. We all have horror tales of rushing to get on the road with our own new units, figuring "How hard can it be?" - only to find out that later we break something or get stuck.

Show up early on your day of signing to allow time for the PDI (pre-delivery inspection). I ended up on the outside of locked chain link fence with my new 37ft, not knowing how to adjust the mirrors or operate the back up camera, not knowing if the steps & awnings were in. My experimentation & learning occured in the rush-hour traffic of interstate 91. Holy crap! the ride of my life!

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:12 AM   #4
coolchas11

Bob, Was it the Long View fence? 91 can be a bruiser! Charlie
Old 01-25-2008, 09:00 AM   #5
earljan34

Welcome to the forum,

Bob & Tim are right make sure they show you everything!!

My experience when we picked up the new coach was here it is you owned a MH before everything is the same!! WRONG but as it turned out I knew more than the person giving me the walk through.

Good Luck With Your New Unit.

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:28 AM   #6
RJ82much

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolchas11
Bob, Was it the Long View fence? 91 can be a bruiser! Charlie
Ha Ha Ha,,, It WAS the Long View chainlink fence. To make matters worse, the salesmen sat inside their little gazeebo, sipping the refreshments reserved for customers (who might still be inside the fence). Not a one would come over to see if I needed assistance. (& I did, I had no clue how to drive this thing.)

And yes Charlie, I had to merge into northbound I-91 rush-hour...

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote