Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-25-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
Larsam65

Default Slide out fuses

I have a 2003 Gulfstream trio and one of slide outs will not retract. Suspect a blown fuse but cannot locate where fuses for the slide out are. Other slides worked fine so not a seat problem or hydraulic problem.
Larsam65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:15 PM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: Slide out fuses

What is a Gulf Stream Trio, never heard of it. Is it a coach or a trailer?
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:00 AM   #3
Larsam65

Gulfstream trio is a class A coach37 foot with 3 slides that are hydraulic driven
Old 08-26-2014, 12:26 PM   #4
RayChez1

The seat moving forward is only for the slide right behind the driver and that is to protect the seat from the slide hitting it when moving the slide. You can operate all the other slides without the seat micro switch. Now it would help to know which slide does not want to work for you.

Usually Gulf Stream has a rack and pinion gear type on the bedroom slides. They are not hydraulic. On my coach the only hydraulic slide is the big slide right behind the driver seat and for that the seat has to move all the way forward until the micro switch trips off the small rail it rides on located on the right side towards the rear of the seat rail guide. Two wires lead up to it.

Now if it is the bedroom slides they have a circuit breaker that is located on the passenger side towards the rear compartment, next to the battery compartment. It is a small circuit breaker and when it trips a small handle will spring out. Press it back into the small circuit breaker and reset. That will get your bedroom slides going.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 08-26-2014, 08:51 PM   #5
Larsam65

The slide out not working is bedroom passenger side that is the closet and drawers and tv shelf. I checked every fuse inside coach that I could find ( in end os bed and all by the drivers left side under dash) no bad fuses found but one I think I blew trying to check the slide out switches in bedroom that stopped other two slides from working replaced it and got other two slides working so I was surprised that I couldn't find another blown fuse for the other slide. I checked the compartments and only breakers on passenger side was in the first compartment but none looked tripped so still looking for problem. I think the slide not working may be electric as you say. I think I need to find a way to bypass switch so I can get it closed in order to drive somewhere for service. Not sure if that is possible?
Old 08-26-2014, 09:02 PM   #6
RayChez1

I just found out what coach you have, had to look it up on Goggle. It is a Gulf Stream Sun Voyager Trio. Most likely it is a gasoline motorhome which means it would be different from a diesel as to where the fuses are etc etc.

Maybe some other Sun Voyagers can help out as to where the fuse or circuit breaker would be for that bedroom slide. Sorry I could not help, I was thinking it was a diesel like mine.

Have you tried to call Gulf Stream? If you can get ahold of some supervisor that they retained from the mechanized division, they might be able to help you.

Good luck!
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 08-29-2014, 03:42 PM   #7
jpf

slide trip switches for my c class are behind an unmarked panel in the same storage bin and the coach batteries.
just a rectangular metal plate with a couple of screws...
maybe look for something like that.
jpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 03:26 PM   #8
mhogge

Default Slide not coming in

Old post same problem same coach, closet slide in bedroom not coming in. Looking for some help.
mhogge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 05:30 PM   #9
Bike Dr

If your stuck until you can further investigate the problem you can jump out the slide motor to make sure its not the motor, so you are not looking for a problem you may or may not have..then search for the culprit..

LIFE IS GOOD!!!! LIVING IT!!!!

2005 41'4 8410 SE CAT
2017 20' Diamond closed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini Cooper
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 06:32 PM   #10
mhogge

Thanks for the help. Got it fixed today, bad mini breaker.
mhogge is offline   Reply With Quote