Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-12-2014, 06:12 PM   #1
2008GSENDURA

Default International Turbo Buzz

I'm new to this forum and really hope someone out there can help me out. I've been to 2 dealers and numerous diesel forums with no luck. I have a 2008 GS Endura with the International 4200 chassis with 20k miles. When the key is on (only with the key on) the turbo solenoid buzzes like it is stuck, it is very random and sometimes so quiet you can't even tell it is doing it but sometimes so loud people will look over like there is something wrong. The dealers both shrug there shoulders and one even said they have never seen this before and spent over a week trying to figure it out…..got frustrated and gave up (no charge!). The RV runs great (occasional black smoke on hard acceleration) and I have replaced almost every sensor and even the turbo and solenoid. There are no codes except for an ABS 222 code which is another story. My hope is that 2-3 owners will jump in and say that their RV does the same thing and that it has never been a concern or tell me exactly what they have done. By the way it is not the injector buzz, it is a totally separate noise and has been confirmed coming from the turbo solenoid. I really appreciate any help I can get and really hope to return the favor since I have become and RV/Diesel Mechanic by default because of this RV even though I still enjoy it!! THANKS!
2008GSENDURA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:53 PM   #2
LTC_R

Default Re: International Turbo Buzz

Sorry, can't help with the turbo buzz. Have you looked around for a diesel repair shop that does just repairs, not a dealer? I had some random issues with my supernova on the 4200 chassis and the local international dealer was no help. I saw a roadside contact truck on a 4200 chassis, working on a truck, wrote down the name, and checked it out. It's a small shop run by a young guy who's primary business is roadside repairs. Turns out he has had to do a lot of work on his contact truck, vt365 motor, and he drives a 6L ford powerstoke for his personal truck. As soon as I started explaining my woes, he knew what the issue was and made several suggestions as to what could be done. Great guy to work with and the problems were solved. Bottom line look around, good shops are not easy to find but they exist.
2008 JK Unlimited toad
LTC_R is offline   Reply With Quote