Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-03-2018, 05:55 AM   #1
Truck55

Default A/C

Went camping for a few days. A/C's worked fine. Drove home with them working on gen power. Got home turned them both off. Hooked it up to shore power and tried to turn front A/C on. Nothing thermostat doesn't even light up. Back A/C comes on and works fine. They are duo therm a/c's on 04 Sun Voyager

Any help would be appreciated

Dna
Truck55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:09 PM   #2
Frutza

did you try to reset the breakers, if you tried to restart them to soon there would have been high pressure on the compressor and trip the breaker
Old 04-03-2018, 05:35 PM   #3
Truck55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frutza View Post
did you try to reset the breakers, if you tried to restart them to soon there would have been high pressure on the compressor and trip the breaker
Yes reset breakers. Still lighting up on thermostat
Old 04-04-2018, 11:53 AM   #4
Frutza

1St post says no thermostat 2ND says it's lighting up? Check your fuses also, Ac uses 12v to thermostat to tell Ac to work, does "fan only" work?
Old 04-04-2018, 03:40 PM   #5
Truck55

Quote:
1St post says no thermostat 2ND says it's lighting up? Check your fuses also, Ac uses 12v to thermostat to tell Ac to work, does "fan only" work?
Meant say nothing lighting on the thermostat. I'm not getting 12v to thermostat.

Do you know if the thermostat gets 12v from ac or from coach? Everything else that runs off 12v seem to be working.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:53 AM   #6
Frutza

Mine gets 12v from coach, test, turn off coach power and see if the other Ac works,?
Old 04-05-2018, 03:15 PM   #7
Truck55

Quote:
Mine gets 12v from coach, test, turn off coach power and see if the other Ac works,?

Disconnected batteries and rear ac won't come on. Connected them back and it comes on
Old 04-06-2018, 07:01 AM   #8
Frutza

So that tells us you get 12 volt from coach, don't know if there on the same fuse or separate, check them all, I like using a test light, can you try swaping thermostats? The front with the rear? Alot of them just snap into a wired base? If you can get your thermostats off, you can also check there for 12 volt, you may need extra wire to find a ground, or go to one of your ceiling lights for ground, then compare the both, probably only one hot wire each, or rear only, if that's your problem,
Old 04-06-2018, 07:40 AM   #9
Frutza

You don't have a Ems do you?
Old 04-06-2018, 01:17 PM   #10
Truck55

Quote:
So that tells us you get 12 volt from coach, don't know if there on the same fuse or separate, check them all, I like using a test light, can you try swaping thermostats? The front with the rear? Alot of them just snap into a wired base? If you can get your thermostats off, you can also check there for 12 volt, you may need extra wire to find a ground, or go to one of your ceiling lights for ground, then compare the both, probably only one hot wire each, or rear only, if that's your problem,
My thermostats are different. I am thinking the board is bad. I tested all fuses for continuity and all tested good. I can get 12v right below thermostat from my gas sniffer. If I tap that to thermostat and it works. Will that harm anything?