Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-24-2020, 03:28 PM   #1
Chamner

Question Ac condenser fan no power?

I got a new condenser fan and I can't get it to run. I've applied 12v and it runs fine. Does anyone know if there is a fuse or a relay. I searched high and low. The red and black wires from the fan go into the drivers side just below the steering column. Does this fan suppose to come on when the ac compressor is turned on?, or does it come on with a relay. I've only found 2 fuses and several relays below the steering column. The 2 fuses checked good.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:56 AM   #2
Frutza

The fans do come on when the compressor is on, but I don't know if a separate relay? Jump the cycling/freeze switch to see if they come on. Switch with a thermocouple on the evaporater
Old 05-25-2020, 07:24 PM   #3
Chamner

Thanks for the info. I've decided to change the expansion valve and drier before I charge and try the fan. I'll keep you posted when the valve gets here. I'll jump out the switch when I get it vacuumed down and recharged.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:48 PM   #4
Frutza

That's ironic! I need an expansion valve too, my cools great for about 4 hours then stops cooling
Old 05-28-2020, 08:38 PM   #5
Chamner

Default Still no condensor fan power

i charged today and still cant get the fan to come on. I found a relay that is clicking when the ac is turned on. Ill check it at work tommorrow. Jumped the switch out also. No luck. The compressor is running and flowing through drier sight glass and then the pressure switch clicks and takes the compressir out until things cools downs and cycles back on. Still no cooling. Any suggestions?
Chamner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 01:00 PM   #6
Htpark123

Default No fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamner View Post
i charged today and still cant get the fan to come on. I found a relay that is clicking when the ac is turned on. Ill check it at work tommorrow. Jumped the switch out also. No luck. The compressor is running and flowing through drier sight glass and then the pressure switch clicks and takes the compressir out until things cools downs and cycles back on. Still no cooling. Any suggestions?
The a/c has a low pressure switch and a high pressure switch most of the time they are on the lines IR low pressure on low side and hi pressure on the high pressure line ! If you’re not sure on which is witch high pressure is the small hot one and the low pressure is the cold line !! If it’s over charged the high pressure switch will shut off the compressor so it won’t destroy it self !!
Htpark123 is offline   Reply With Quote