Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-23-2020, 02:09 PM   #1
ksdockery

Default No tv sound in speakers

I have a 2013 Conquest. I cannot get the sound on the tv to play through the speakers. I have the Drive Entertainment system. Anyone solve this problem?
ksdockery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:54 PM   #2
Ldubs

My knowledge of AV stuff is almost nonexistent, so I'm probably the last guy who should respond to this.

I watched a video about our VC 19ERD where a guy talked about this. I know it is a different model, but maybe the same applies. Anyway, the guy says that the built in speakers will only work when you are playing a DVD from the "receiver". If you are using the coaxial connection from the antenna or the campground (or your laptop etc), then only the TV speakers will work.

My feelings will definitely not be hurt if someone circles back and corrects any inaccurate info in my post.
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 10:11 PM   #3
Farmer Fran

Depending on the Drive unit...Does it have a built-in DVD player? If yes does sound play through that? If yes continue on, if not you have another problem.

So now I need to make a few assumptions...

Is your TV hooked up to the Wall and have the wall mounted RCA panel? Yellow/Red/White form TV to the wall panel?

If yes these are usually output from the receiver to the input on the TV. You need to reverse this...

The AV going to the TV are OUTPUTs on the back of the stereo for connecting a DVD player to your TV. I do not watch DVDs so I moved the cables to the INPUT on the receiver.

Basically you move the Red and White to the INPUTs on the back of the receiver and do not connect the yellow. Then the Red and White to the output of your TV. Some TVs do not have Red/Yellow out. You need to see if your TV does. If not you will need to see what output your TV has, my had a headphone jack output. So I put on a Headphone to RCA adapter.

I will try and get some pictures but it might take a while.

Post back if you have questions in the meantime.
Farmer Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:28 AM   #4
Ldubs

Reversing the RCA audio cable makes sense. Thx.

Not really about speakers, but a couple years ago we sold a box full of DVDs in a friend's garage sale. I would have kept them if I had known we would be getting a travel trailer with a DVD player. But all turned out well when we learned we could download movies from Netflix onto the iPad. Then we just hook the iPad up to the TV's HMDI port.
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drive system, sound, television