Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-11-2008, 09:14 AM   #1
john&scotty

Default 5291 BT Cruiser Leaking at front side of both slides?

Has anyone seen this? I have both slides leaking at the front side - open or closed.
any thoughts?
I have contacted Gulf Stream and my local dealer and both arre stumped?
john&scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:23 AM   #2
RJ82much

Are they stumped without looking at it, or without doing any sort tests? It sounds more like they are tired from a busy weekend!

I don't mean any sarcasm at you, john&scotty - I don't think your dealer is taking you serious and he should!

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:11 PM   #3
sueandjerry

Our rear slide in our 2008 5272 BT Cruiser leaked terribly. Stepped in about an inch of water on the carpet one evening. We think it was because of the horrible job Gulfstream did with the gutter material. It did not meet and dripped down onto the top of the slide cover, pooled on the roof and ran under the gasket that did not meet the top of the slideout.
It also was not sealed, just left with a large space and a gob of goo.

Our local approved repair shop installed an L-shaped row of a flashing type plastic and sealed it solidly around the top and both sides all the way to the bottom where the slide meets the gasket when extended, and fixed the placement of the gasket. They told us it was the fix they were using for the Winnebago slides that leaked. They did both our slides because the front one was also leaking a little bit right at the front. The had the coach 4 days. Gulfstream covered the cost since we are still under warranty. We are very pleased with the repair. Thankfully we were camping someplace very hot when we had the leak so it had plenty of time to dry properly so we don't have a mold issue to deal with later.

We have not, however, had any trouble with ours leaking when closed. Good luck, those leaks can be tricky to find.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:01 PM   #4
john&scotty

Thanks so much for the replies!!
I have been told to take it to another dealer about 4 hours away who can determine casue and fix.

I will keep the fix you had done in mind if they con't fix it.
Thanks to all
Old 09-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #5
pete beale

They all do dont they?
Old 10-02-2008, 07:53 AM   #6
john&scotty

Default BT 5291 Leaking at both front slides

I have had mmy BT in the shop going on 7 weeks now and no fix is in sight???

What recourse do i have.

Anyone have any contacts with GS management??
Old 03-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
Curraj1

Default Leaking Sliders

I purchased a Model 5291 in Apr.2008 and the slide for the dining and living area both leaked in the front also.. The living area when the slide is open and the dining area opened or closed. It has been in 3 different shops a total of 8 times since new, including the dealer I bought it from ( Martinsburgh RV, in Pa ). I took a 2 week trip to Fla. recently and found out that both sliders still leak when open.
This unit has seen the inside of shops more than campgrounds. After using the rv for the first time in 2009 I found that the unit continued to leak and after many voice mail and e-mail messages was informed the warranty was expired and Gulfstream would not be responsible for any further work. I stopped getting any responses from any of three GS managers after informing them of my dis-satifaction with the product. My next action will be to contact an Attorney in Indiana. Has anyone had any luck with this type of issue?
Curraj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:28 PM   #8
john&scotty

Default Leaking BT Cruiser

We had a terrible problem with ours leaking - took it to Bill Plemmons RV in Winston-Salem, NC and they had to remove both slides and reinstall - they were not installed properly installed at the factory - they also replaced with different seals - GS knows about the problem - GS also added a slide topper over my Atium slide - you can see through it and it helps alot.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:40 AM   #9
ABZTB

Default Whats going on with the slides???

Sounds like B Touring Cruisers have an issue with the slide outs. Our's is a 2008. The dinning room slide leaks ( there are many more issues but this is one of the bigger ones )we have tried working with the dealership from Barrie Ontario.. they claimed to have fixed and charged us for it so when it rained the carpet was soaked again and now ofcourse smells !!.Apparently our extended warrenty doesn't cover the slides.. funny tho when they were pushing the deal they said that the slides would be covered and they told us what actually what we bought was a *just incase* insurance policy for 3 grand!!.When we called to inform them of the situation they *couldn't believe it!* They have told us now that we really should be dealing with Gulfstream directly as they no longer deal with the company. GO FIGURE!!

We have been calling and sending emails along with pictures etc to Gulfstream and have been told that the *Engineers* will now be looking into it ... so, we'll see.

Question.. does anyone have a REALLY loud air conditioner in their B Touring?? Ours sound like an airplane engine , you can't hold a conversation without having to hollar at each other .. nuts!! Thanks
ABZTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:18 AM   #10
Nanaeve

Default Leaking Slides

Our 6340 Endura leaked in the closed position on the way home from the dealer in SoCal. Both slides. After the first place told us , after having the unit for 6 weeks, that they couldn't remove the slides to repair them and GS would'nt authorize the repair , we looked into the legal side and also the BBB. I filed a complaint with the BBB in Indiana and they got GS's attention. Only then did things happen. They had a driver pickup our unit and took it back to SoCal and had a shop there do the repairs. Seems that GS "forgot" to install 5 seals in the two slideouts. You might want to give that a try as we sent 5 registered letters and never got a response, but the BBB got things going. GS even extended our warranty for 6 months as a good will jesture. So far, the repairs have worked, no leaks. Now if everytime I look at something electrical, I didn't find a wiring job done by a 3 year old, always cutting through the insulation on the wires, I might feel better. Good Luck!