Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-19-2017, 02:27 PM   #1
marcarolle

Default Where are the low point drains on my Gulf Breeze?

I know it's a silly question, but really, I can't find the low point drains (hot and cold water) under my 2008 Gulf Breeze 26RKS. Am I supposed to look for something that's different from most travel trailers?

I have to start the winterizing process on our Breeze...

Thanks for any help!
marcarolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:15 AM   #2
McKannick

Well, the internet wasn't much help here. But, if Gulfstream does the same process with your model as ours, you'll find a couple of plastic pipe ends on the 'hookup side' of your unit that are underneath the rig, just a couple ends poking through the belly cover that seem to be doing nothing. The caps are actually the valve ends to drain the plumbing. Open up all the faucets, then open these caps on the ends of these two pipes and that drains them.
Here's a link to some very useful information for us RV types:
http://rvbasics.com/techtips/rv-fres...nterizing.html
McKannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 01:47 PM   #3
marcarolle

Thanks McKannick, found them exactly where you mentioned. I must confess that I had overlooked that spot in my search, as I am recuperating from a surgery.

Coincidently, I did the plumbing winterizing (with pink RV antifreeze) this morning, then saw your reply to my question. When I undid both caps of the low point drains, pinks stuff came out. Total satisfaction!

I had called Gulf Stream last week about this, and the lady at service - with 15+ years experience there - told me my model did not have low point drains!!

She also could not confirm to me if the bathroom sink and/or shower were daining into the BLACK or GREY water tanks! The owner manual says: "they MAY drain in the black water tank". She said that 90% of models, bathroom sink drains in the black tank. I will have to verify that next spring, by running the bathroom sink only and see which tank it's coming from.

Funny that manufacturers can't give us the real thing!

Cheers!

Marc

Thanks for your help.
marcarolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 07:08 PM   #4
McKannick

Default cutting corners

Me too, as far as surgery, second time in 4 months for the left shoulder.
Yeah, the manufacturers will indeed cut corners and save material costs (pipe, even though it's really pretty cheap) and labor by frequently dumping the bathroom sink / shower into the black tank so they don't have to run pipe to the grey tank. My 2008 Amerilite 21MBLE that I just sold did separate the piping, at least from the kitchen sink and the shower, because a couple times we 'overfilled' the grey tank (oops) finding ourselves ankle deep in water in the shower / tub. But if you have a bathroom sink dumping into the black tank, that's not such a bad thing as it helps to flush the tank at dump time, adding more water which helps with that. You should always be 'generous' with the water in the toilet use so that you have enough in there to help with flushing the tank at the dump station. Don't forget to always use 'marine' toilet paper in your RV, which dissolves to avoid some serious problems that household toilet paper will lead to, as it doesn't dissolve well enough for RV use.
McKannick is offline   Reply With Quote