Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-08-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
gswannabe

Default Whre to look for good used GS

I've seen alot here about the atrium models, and admire the RV show GS models with what seems like exceptional amount of light inside. The atrium certainly adds light.

I'd like to know where you all found used models to buy - are you using ebay? friends? local papers? what other sources. I can't imagine buying without seeing, but most sites with more than a couple models to sell are remote from central PA (like Florida and Arizona). Do you travel when one sound particularly promising?

I still work (second career) after retiring, so extensive traveling probably would be difficult, but in 5 years we hope to sell our then-paid-off home in Chambersburg PA and go full time RVing for at least awhile. Maybe buy a mobile home to have a place if needed here in 'our town.'

Experiences? and where to look to buy used...

Thanks for a warm welcome so far!
Ann
Old 03-09-2006, 09:06 AM   #2
TSoul

Send a message via Yahoo to TSoul

Hello neighbor. I found my first GS class A at a dealership, Fireside RV in Palmyra. I would never ever go there again. The autolocator has a section with RV's in it. That maybe useful. I bought my current rig new at Martinsburg RV out by Raystown lake area. They have been great and I would recommend them. They don't have any used GS right now but you could keep an eye on there web site. They do have a good selection for new GS. The only other GS dealer in mid pa is at the junction of 78/61 and next to Cabela's thats before you would get to Allentown. They are located in Hamburg PA their name is Boat N RV Superstore. Nice place but they are new to having GS. They had at least 1 used independence about a month ago. I know nothing about that unit, sorry. There web site is poor but worth a look. rv.net has some great info for buyers and people that are new to rving. If you are new to it then check it out it has alot of information. If you have any questions I would be happy to give you my thought or information just pm me or ask here and others maybe able to help also. Good luck with your search.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:19 AM   #3
RV Wizard

Some other sites that you can check for used coaches would be www.rvsearch.com and www.irv2.com Good luck and enjoy the hunt!
iRV2.com -Gulf Stream Owners Forum Leader
2000 Scenic Cruiser
99 Chevy Silverado 4 X 4 Toad
2006 Saturn Vue AWD Toad
NASCAR #3 & #8
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:17 PM   #4
Timothy

Also try http://www.rvtraderonline.com this is the best site that I've found for RV buying/selling.