Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-03-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
livinlogs

Default new supernova, not happening?

I just checked and most dealers, including Martinsburg, have pulled all info on the new SN off their websites. Anybody heard if the model is really happening?
KK
Old 05-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
theinc06

Nope, not happening. Some "talks" between GS and International about pricing for the new chassis, at this point, have not panned out. I, for one, am SORELY disappointed. So, the only other comparable rig is the Jayco. For my family, the SN 6400 Grand Hotel floor plan was EXTREMELY valuable. Side by side comparisons was the Jayco Embark showed better towing capacity, but for live-ability the 6400 was the way to go, at least for us. Again, I can't say how disappointing it is they haven't been able to resolve the money issue. As a consumer, these are not confidence building factors, and definately make me question my brand loyalty.
theinc06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
Texas TC

When I bought my coach in 2007, I was told that GS and Navistar had a three year exclusive agreement to build coaches on the International truck chassis. That agreement should be up now. I cannot help but think that you will see an International chassis on a Monaco or Holiday Rambler coach now that Navistar owns the Monaco brand.

I, too, am disappointed that the new platform will not be used on the SuperNova (if, in fact, that is the case). The SuperNova offers the most diverse floor-plans and best value in the class 6 truck chassis market. Adding the 4400 chassis with air suspension, brakes, etc. would have only made it better. After talking to the sales folks at my local International dealership, I cannot believe the price would be more that $20,000 more which would still make it a value compared to other class 6 and larger chassis'.

I, too, noticed that the advertising had been pulled from the Martinsburg RV site but noticed it is still on the Gulf Stream A class website.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:22 AM   #4
Nanaeve

Default 2010 SuperNova --NOT!

I've noticed that the GS Websight is the last place to look for info, as it often is / was several years behind in the copyright dates and pieces of the info were often way out of date. Seems you sell more by having current and corrrect info at your own sight, but maybe GS just does'nt care!