Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
Luckiest Dreamer

Default Slide leak

I have a 2008 Tour master with two slides in the master. The slide is leaking above the window. I inspected the area from the outside and where the front side meets the roofline there is a metal moulding that seems to have a rubber gasket between it and the edge. The metal has a rubber insert that I expect, if removed will uncover screws that attach the metal. Has anyone removed this? What can I expect to find? Will a tube of caulking be what I need to stop the leak?
Old 06-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
rescue7

Default Re: Slide leak

Check the outside edge of th roof on the slide where the wall meets the roof. They put some kind of seal tape that crinkles up and leaks. I resealed mine with roof coating.

Don
Old 07-10-2011, 08:06 AM   #3
CraigS

Have you tried this? It sounds to simple but it worked for me...

I had a leaky rear slide on my 2008 Independence when buying in used in 2009. After much experimentation I found that water gets under the topper and then drips back toward the coach when standing on the flat slide roof. Eventually standing water on the slide roof seeps down the vertical seals and soaks the carpets.

My solution:

1. After extending the slide fully, pull it back in about 2". The causes the slide bottom to move inward with the top staying put. Now water flows away from the coach!

2. Add a layer of Eternabond tape to the top edge of the slide roof furthest from the coach (you need to remove the slide topper to do this properly). Now water that flows away from the coach has no chance to seep into the external wall.

The difference has been amazing. Previously any amount of rain would result in wet carpets on either side of the slide. Now downpours result in no leaks whatsoever.

Although you symptoms are different, this method might still help you.
2010 Ford Focus Toad
CraigS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
onefrosty

I have a 2007 Gulfstream Independence with a front hydralic slide and a rear electric slide. I have a leak at the left rear of the rear slide that I can not find the source, it is driving me CRAZY. it only leaks when the slide is closed. When opened, no leak. I check all the rubber gaskets and they look good! Any Ideas??
onefrosty is offline   Reply With Quote