Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-09-2021, 02:12 PM   #1
SidewaysAnger

Question Lower body panel popping out on 268BH

Howdy fellow GS owners!

Has anybody experienced the lower body panel sagging and popping out? My wife and I noticed this on the first trip in our new 2021 Ameri-Lite 268BH. I didn't think anything of it because there was only a small (maybe 3") section that had popped out, and it snapped right back into place.

However, it seems to be getting worse. At first, it was just a small gap, and now it's a few feet long. Unfortunately, the aluminum is now starting to wrinkle due to how many times I've had to put it back by hand.

I contacted my local dealer/authorized GS shop and sent the pictures below. They are going to submit it to GS for warranty repair since it's less than one year old. Just curious if anybody else has had this issue and what it was. I'm guessing improper install or perhaps not enough screws on the panel itself? I won't be certain until I bring it in and have them inspect it.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20210110_203801177.jpg (226.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20201220_164526309.jpg (273.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20201220_164520252.jpg (290.0 KB, 7 views)
SidewaysAnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 11:13 AM   #2
RayChez1

I would let the dealer fix it. But I know they have to get authorization from Gulf Stream. I believe they might have to change the whole length of that panel. But I would not let them off the hook, I would be on that phone constantly putting pressure on them to fix it. That is a brand new trailer.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:56 AM   #3
SidewaysAnger

Thanks for the response @RayChez1.

This is my first TT and I have never dealt with GS or the local dealer, but I have received advice similar to yours. Is it common to have to fight for warranty repairs? Seems like since it's so new that this should be a no-brainer for them.

Also, I was thinking the same that they would need to replace the whole panel. I don't think it would look good at all if they tried to splice in a new piece. It would end up looking like a franken-trailer.
Old 02-23-2021, 12:52 PM   #4
VA_Camper

I have a 2019 Innsbruck 268BH. I had an issue with sky lights. The sky light above the bunks blew apart and the one in the bathroom cracked. Water got in and damaged the bunk. I took it back to the dealer and they contacted GS and everything was fixed without a problem. I hope you have the same service that I received.
VA_Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:59 PM   #5
SidewaysAnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_Camper View Post
I have a 2019 Innsbruck 268BH. I had an issue with sky lights. The sky light above the bunks blew apart and the one in the bathroom cracked. Water got in and damaged the bunk. I took it back to the dealer and they contacted GS and everything was fixed without a problem. I hope you have the same service that I received.
@VA_Camper Thanks for the reply. It's great to hear it was repaired without a big hassle.