Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-10-2022, 01:19 PM   #1
Sparky

Default Stacking Washer/Dryer in T40A

Good Morning
We have a new to us 2006 T40A and the one piece washer/dryer combo has been removed by the previous owner. We could put it back however would like to install a stacking unit. It appears however that although all the hoses and vents are in place in the lower cabinet that the upper cupboard is not as deep as the lower part so this may be difficult. There is a panel in the rear of the upper cupboard that I am looking to remove - Does anyone know what is located behind the panel?
We are new to the unit and would appreciate any help. Thanks Bill
Kelowna BC Canada
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 02:55 PM   #2
Chuck v

Sparky,

No idea what might be in the 2006 T40A in that area for sure...but in my 2007 T40C we did an upgrade to the factory provided stacked washer and separate dryer to give the wife a washer with more cycles, etc. While the appliances were out, I took a photo...maybe it will help???

Because of all the plumbing behind the washer unit, the dryer rear panel does not come anywhere near the rear wall in the T40C and a fairly large spacer mount is used at the rear top of the dryer.

Chuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1560.JPG (601.7 KB, 6 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 03:49 PM   #3
Sparky

Thank you for the reply, Mine has a shelf half way up and the lower portion has drain, water - hot and cold as well as a dryer vent hose but all the stackers i looked at are too deep for the top section. As the weather warms i will remove the homemade shelves in the top section and see what is behind the panel - wish I had your setup! Bill
Kelowna BC Canada
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 03:32 AM   #4
Henry111

One thing I learned about the RV washer-dryer combo vs stackable debate is that both units have their own desirable attributes. If you want to wash larger loads of laundry in less time, the RV Washer Dryer Stacking Kit is a better choice. The washer-dryer combo is best when you want an easy install with limited headroom.
Henry111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dryer, stacker, t40a, washer